From water heaters it is necessary to drain water periodically. For this purpose there can be several reasons: departure for long time, the onset of cold weather if the heater is in not heated room, need to get rid of scum and deposit, running repair and replacement of the anode.
It is required to you
- - hose for water drain;
- - flat-nose pliers;
- - set of wrenches.
1. Disconnect water heater power supply, let's cool down to hot water or spend it via the mixer.
2. Block intake of cold water in the water heater, put on rubber hose feed branch pipe of cold water, and send its second end to the sewerage.
3. Turn off the safety valve or open drain valve.
4. Open hot tap on the mixer and drain water from the heater through hose in the sewerage.
5. Remove protective cover, disconnect wires, unscrew and remove the basic flange from the body. Remove scum and deposit at the bottom of tank in the mechanical way or by means of special means. Do it carefully not to damage protecting cover of tank. In case of need replace the magnesium anode. This procedure needs to be carried out at least once a year.
6. Collect the water heater, upside-down, close the safety valve and drain valve, fill with water and connect to the power supply network.