It is unlikely there will be person to whom pineapple would not be to the taste. It is one of favourite desserts for adults and children. However pineapple is not only tasty and fragrant fruit, but also beautiful ornamental plant which can be grown up with success in room conditions and to receive fruits.
It is required to you
- - Ripe fruit of pineapple;
- - soil;
- - pot;
- - glass or polyethylene film.
1. Take seeds (they small, yellowy-brown color, slightly curved in the form of sickle) from well ripened fruits. Then wash out them in weak pink solution of potassium permanganate and dry on air.
2. Prepare substrate for crops of seeds. Take the sheet earth, peat and sand in equal proportions. Seed seeds to the soil on depth of 1-2 cm. Water with the settled water of room temperature and from above cover with glass or transparent film.
3. Place container with crops in very warm room (temperature should not fall below 20 °C here). Speed of emergence of the first shoots directly depends on temperature. The it is higher, the shoots will appear quicker. At temperature of 20-24 °C the seeds will sprout in one and a half months, at 25-27 °C — approximately in three weeks, and at 30-35 °C the first sprouts will appear in two weeks. Seeds of pineapple sprout at different times so you will need patience. Separate seeds can ascend also in half a year.
4. Regularly water and spray small plants. Feed up them two times a month solution of mineral fertilizers or bird's dung (15-20 g on water liter). In very hot days hide young plants in shadow from direct sunshine. Besides, seedlings gradually accustom to drier air, daily slightly opening the film or glass shelter.
5. As soon as leaves reach length about six centimeters, their raspikiruyta in soft soil. Prepare it from equal parts of the sheet earth, peat, well rerotting humus and sand, add small amount of wood charcoal. Also ready soil will be suitable for orchids or pineappele family.
6. Pineapple constantly needs good power supply, especially nitrogen is necessary for it. Each two weeks water it with mullein infusion, it will be enough as it contains all main microelements.
7. Continue to look after pineapple, and in a couple of years you will be able to enjoy the fragrant fruit which is grown up by the hands.