Recently glass floors promptly gain popularity. Glass floor is effective element of interior which creates certain atmosphere of refinement and luxury. The glass niche in floor is the most suitable option for those who have decided to make such floor with own hands.
It is required to you
- - glass panel;
- - metal section;
- - dry mix for laying of tile and sealing of joints;
- - ceramic tile;
- - silicone sealant;
- - sealant;
- - self-tapping screws;
- - toothed palette;
- - Bulgarian;
- - screw driver;
- - rubber palette;
- - anchor bolts
1. Prepare the basis. There are two solutions of this problem. It is possible to lift floor on height of 10-15 cm, and it is possible to make deepening in already existing floor. This decision depends on design features of your housing. Anyway, the base has to be rigid, reliable and absolutely equal. If floor indoors not equal it is necessary concrete tie or bulk floor.
2. Make niche in floor and give it the desirable form.
3. Establish metal framework on niche perimeter. The metal framework has to be fixed very strongly since on it glass plates will keep within. The durability of your glass gender will depend on reliability of asperges of framework. When fixing framework it is recommended to use anchor bolts.
4. Lay out walls and bottom of niche ceramic tile. For laying of ceramic tile use special mix. It is recommended to stack tile by means of the toothed palette. Carefully jam seams by means of special finish and the rubber palette. Accurately remove surplus of finish from tile surface.
5. Decorate niche. For dressing it is possible to use beads, sea shells. pebble, color stones, dried flowers and many other things. The composition of niche depends only on your desires and imagination. If desired, it is possible to carry out LED illumination to niche.
6. Put sealant on metal framework and lay from above the glass panel. Carefully fill all seams between floor and the glass panel silicone sealant.