The most effective are the electric heaters manufactured by the principle of the heat gun – the body in the form of pipe with heating spiral inside and the fan banishing through it air. Such design provides fast heat extraction from heating coil, intensive air exchange indoors, good conditions for work of spiral (decrease in its temperature due to blowing with air).
It is required to you
- – nikhromovy spiral;
- – ceramic rod for winding of spiral;
- – fan;
- – sheet of galvanized metal;
- – electrical wires;
- – ohmmeter;
- – metalwork tool.
1. Calculate the necessary power of the heater. With floor-to-ceiling height no more than 3 m it is possible to determine it, calculated on the basis of 1 kW on 10 m² of the area. Not to create too high load of electrical wiring, do not do the heater with power more than 2.5 kW.
2. Pick up heating spiral for the device. Buying it in shop, be guided by value of power. If you are going to use spiral which power is not known, count resistance of spiral necessary for you, using R=U formula²/P where: R – resistance in Ohm; U – mains voltage in In; P – necessary power in W.
3. Measure ohmmeter resistance to the available spiral and compare it to rated. If the distinction of resistance is small, use the available spiral. If it is considerable, achieve compliance, having truncated or having increased the available spiral. At the same time keep in mind that at serial connection of two conductors (spirals), the general resistance will be equal to the sum of resistance of separate pieces.
4. Pick up from the non-working heater or buy ceramic element on which the spiral will be reeled up in shop. It has to represent tube 250-300 mm long with diameter of internal opening not less than 7 mm.
5. Make of galvanized leaf pipe (body) of the heater 300 mm long and the inside diameter equal to length of ceramic tube. Make connection of joint of the body folding or by means of two hoops. As the body it is possible to use also normal galvanized bucket, having cut off its bottom.
6. Drill opening with a diameter of 6-7 mm in body walls, having arranged it approximately in the middle. Cut off metal rod of Ø6 of mm and at 50 mm long more than length of ceramic tube. Cut M6 thread on its ends. Push bar (pin) through opening in the body and in insulator tube, previously having inserted the last into the body. Tighten nuts so that walls of the body have densely nestled on faces of ceramic tube.
7. Make of strip or bar of leg for the heater. Their form can be any, and two pins with mm Ø6-7 openings had the main thing that they provided steady position of the heater on floor. Put on pins the ends of pins which are sticking out on both sides the body and tighten them in the second couple of nuts. Such fastening will allow to establish any position of the body of the heater concerning horizontal.
8. Reel up on the ceramic tube which is in the body, spiral. Connect its ends to electrical wires by means of bolted connections and remove wires outside. The ends of spiral with the connected wires have to be reliably insulated from the body by means of textolite laying.
9. Attach the electric fan to one of the ends of the body. Well models of the fans installed on ventilating grates in apartments with mechanical ventilation approach for this purpose. But, in effect, any household fan is good. The way of its fastening to the body is defined by its design. On other end of the body fix metal grid for exception of accidental contact of people with heating spiral.
10. Connect the wires going from spiral and the fan to electrical plug – so that its inclusion in the socket provided simultaneous inclusion of spiral and the fan (in parallel). Double-check quality of isolation of current carrying wires of the heater and turn on the device in network. The noise of the fan and warm air blowing from the electrogun body has to be confirmation of correctly made work.