The basil became one of the most popular spices, thanks to the specific, unique aroma which is perfectly supplementing taste of many dishes for a long time. It is possible to grow up basil both in room pot, and on garden bed.
It is required to you
- - seeds or seedling of basil
- - soil mix
- - pots
1. Basil after all the southern plant therefore for its cultivation insufficiently just to throw seeds to the open ground and to wait for harvest. If you have aimed to part basilto on kitchen garden or giving, it is necessary either to buy you seedling, or to grow up it independently.
2. By the beginning of April prepare boxes with soil mix as which the normal garden earth can perform with small impurity of sand. Do small grooves in the earth, distribute on them seeds at distance of 1-2 cm from each other. Powder them with thin soil layer, well water, leave in heat, well lit place.
3. In several days you will have first shoots. If you want to seat basil on separate pots, wait until sprouts throw out 4 leaflets. By the time of transfer to the soil seedling of basil reaches height of 7-8 centimeters, possesses at the same time strong stalk and large number of leaves.
4. Dig out pole of 8-10 cm in depth on bed, transfer to it basil seedling together with the radical earth. Mix the soil remains in pot with the rerotting compost, powder with it roots of the replaced plant, stamp the soil and well water it.
5. Between separate plants leave distance not less than 20 centimeters. When the basil takes root and will start in growth, prishchipit its top to induce plant to ejection of side escapes.