Advantage of the brick bathing furnace is that it warms up steam room up to the necessary temperature and at the same time supports optimum microclimate in adjacent rooms. The furnace Kamenka put from qualitative brick does not need to be plastered.
It is required to you
- - brick;
- - clay;
- - sand;
- - trowel;
- - sieve;
- - shovel;
- - steel wire.
1. For one or two hours prior to the beginning of laying of the furnace wet clay in water, previously having cleaned from large impregnations and having wiped through sieve. Diameter of openings of sieve should not exceed 4 mm. Be guided by the fact that solution has to last for 3-4 hour of work.
2. Sift sand through small sieve. In furnaces-kamenkakh it is used clean, fraction no more than a millimeter. Fully to these criteria there corresponds only pit sand. Prepare solution of clay and sand manually in the ratio 1:1 or 1:2 (it depends on clay fat content). For this purpose lay out earlier wetted clay on baizes so that its form reminded garden bed.
3. Nearby scatter sand and begin to mix, striking mix with shovel until lumps disappear.
4. Gradually add water – about a quarter of the total amount of clay. Quality solution easily slips from the basis of shovel and does not spread.
5. Begin furnace laying with the lower row, previously having checked corners and diagonals that the furnace has turned out equal. The first row – continuous.
6. Then measure that side of the furnace where there will be fire chamber, plan the place where the flue will come through overlapping to roof.
7. Before laying moisten or rinse bricks in water to remove from them dust and other pollution. Select bricks dry before laying of each subsequent row. Try not to resort to skolka as durability of the dressed surface of brick is considered less strong. The dressed parties should not adjoin to flue.
8. Make bandaging of seams not less, than in half-brick. Pound solution on brick hand. The furnace in bath has thin seams – no more than 5 mm. It is the basic rule of the stove-setter. Connect furnace laying on height. For this purpose fix steel wire on nails and put it in seams. Each free side of the furnace has to have at least two such tying.