Peony – perennial grassy plant from family pionovy, its treelike forms are deciduous bushes. This plant is loved long ago by gardeners for magnificent bright flowers, and one of species of peony has medicinal properties. As a rule, peonies long grow on one place, but if it has turned out that the plant is shaded or planted too deeply, it can be replaced.
- - drainage;
- - sand;
- - humus;
- - peat;
- - cespitose earth;
- - bone meal;
- - wood ashes;
- - superphosphate;
- - potassium permanganate;
- - wood charcoal.
1. It is the best of all to be engaged in change of peonies in the fall. A month before that, how to replace plant, prepare landing hole on well lit place with the subacidic soil. It is desirable not to plant peonies where water stands. If you are going to replace several plants at once, have no them closer, than in meter from each other.
2. Dig out landing hole with a diameter of sixty centimeters and sixty-seventy centimeters in depth. On bottom of hole fill layer of drainage twenty centimeters thick. It can be coarse sand or haydite. Some gardeners use filling brick or beaten brick in this quality.
3. On two thirds fill up hole with the mix prepared from the equal number of the cespitose earth, bank sand, humus and peat. On each landing hole in addition bring four hundred grams of bone meal, wood ashes and on hundred grams of superphosphate. Dosypte hole to the brim the normal earth from kitchen garden. By the time of landing, soil in hole will manage to sink and you should not be afraid that the replaced peony will be buried.
4. Dig out plant which you are going to replace. Rhizome of old peonies, usually, recommend to cut at change on several allotments with three-five kidneys. For this purpose shake off the earth from roots or wash out rhizome and cut off leaves from peony. Knife rhizome sharp, without injuring kidney.
5. It is sometimes recommended to process the cut rhizome, having wetted it in potassium permanganate solution. Powder cuts with wood charcoal.
6. It is necessary to put allotments to the earth so that kidneys were not more deeply than three-five centimeters from earth surface. After landing the peony should be watered and powdered with five-centimetric layer of dry peat well.
7. In the spring, after emergence of sprouts, carefully rake up peat which has powdered plant, and you podrykhlit the soil.
8. Flower kidneys which can grow on the peony replaced last fall are recommended to be prishchipyvat. It will give to plant time to get powerful root system.