Long-term phloxes during all summer season serve as fine decoration of garden, and their fragrance in warm summer evenings can be compared to aroma of roses. But unlike the aristocratical beauty the panicled phloxes are quite democratic and do not demand difficult leaving.
It is required to you
- - sharp knife;
- - secateurs;
- - humus;
- - wood ashes;
- - full mineral fertilizer.
1. These unpretentious perennials are quite tolerant to changes therefore it is allowed to replace them at any time. Of course, the extra care is for this purpose necessary and there are some nuances which the flower grower has to remember. But the best time for change of panicled phloxes nevertheless is the early spring when plants have not gone to growth yet. In this case they will not lag behind in development and will blossom in due time.
2. At autumn change it is necessary to choose optimum time when development of plant is not completed yet – the second half of August will be the best choice. In this case bushes will manage to take roots on the new place and will manage to get ready for winter. As feature of autumn change of phloxes serves limited watering.
3. It is necessary to transplant phloxes as required, but at least once in 3-4 years. Otherwise bushes are thickened, inflorescences become shallow and gradually blossoming stops absolutely. Besides, in thickened landings there are wreckers, diseases which also weaken plants develop.
4. At change it is necessary to transplant bushes according to the scheme of 50х50 cm, previously it is necessary to pave the way: to dig over, remove weeds and roots of perennial plants. Before landing it is necessary to fill bed with humus, full mineral fertilizer and wood ashes, then to carefully fill up surface. It is better to make it in the fall if change of phloxes is planned in the spring.
5. The choice of the place for phloxes does not represent complexity: they take out both bright sunlight, and half-shade. It is desirable only that high trees were not near superficial root system – in this case in the soil there will not be enough moisture. At autumn change it is necessary to cut off stalks and buds on 1/2 not to weaken plant. It is necessary to bring handful of wood ashes, humus and the rerotting sawdust in each hole.
6. The dug-out bush needs to be divided accurately, using sharp knife. At the same time it is necessary to try not to damage root system excessively. Accurately to place the part of bush intended for change in the center of landing hole, it is abundant to spill water and to cover with earth, condensing emptiness. After that to condense the earth again, once again to spill plant roots water and to zamulchirovat surface dry peat or humus.