Today in shops such wide range of various fabrics and elements of decor that at registration of window opening in the house you can fully show the imagination and amateur skill. Many modern studio undertakes all works on creation of woven interior – from necessary measurements before tailoring of curtains and their fastening to eaves. However to sew curtains from tulle (functional and extremely decorative material) the hands for many – not only the urgent need, but also true pleasure.
It is required to you
- - Tulle cut;
- - scissors, centimeter, pencil and paper for pattern;
- - sewing machine and threads;
- - tape with loops for fastening to eaves or fabric for sewing of loops made of cloth;
- - elements of decor and processing of fabric at the choice (curtain tape, fringe, lace, etc.);
- - iron and gauze.
1. Prepare the chosen tulle cut for pattern. It is necessary to moisten fabric with water then to stir up it and to dry up in the straightened state. If the cloth was rumpled, it can be steamed or ironed through the humidified gauze not the really hot iron. During the work with new dry fabric it is possible to face unpleasant surprises as some tulle shrink after washing.
2. Make necessary calculations. Length and width of future tulle curtain has to be picked up individually. If for kitchen usually sufficient curtain of simple design is slightly lower than windowsill, then for rooms more often choose more difficult draperies. Creation of beautiful accurate folds is possible only with tulle length almost to floor; on width it is recommended to take tulle cut, at least, twice more than eaves. At traditional combination of thin transparent curtain to dense curtains it is possible to limit tulle length: 1.5 m more than eaves. To the received sizes of pattern do not forget to add allowances for side seams (on 2-2.5 cm) and also for podgibka of top and bottom (on 4 cm).
3. Carry out tulle pattern on floor, having put cloth reverse down. Pay special attention: between side edge and the lower cut edge at you the equal right angle has to turn out. If you have decided to make tulle curtains of two parts, then at pattern of the second part carefully verify coincidence of the drawing on fabric.
4. Start processing of edges. At first execute side seams, having accurately turned in edges taking into account the left allowance. To make equal and noticeable bend, with effort walk on it nail (but do not tear fragile tulle!), then iron and tack manually. Stitch side seams on the sewing machine. Side is recommended to do the lower and top podgibka 1.5-2 times thicker – from above it will help you to sew accurately tape for fastening of tulle curtain to eaves; from below the seam will act as weighting compound for beautiful drapery.
5. Issue curtains from tulle on the taste. Down you can sew suitable fringe; tape 10-15 cm thick; graceful lace (in uniform style with tulle basis or interestingly contrasting with it). For fastening of curtain from gentle, weightless material it is recommended to use such methods: • if you have eaves with hooks or clothespegs, then sew special tape with eyelets from department of sewing accessories to the top podgibka of tulle. The upper edge of curtain can be processed previously transparent curtain tape – further she will help you to make the necessary number of assemblies.· loops made of cloth will be suitable for round eaves (on 10 cm on the front and back parties plus allowance depending on eaves width). It is recommended to sew them in tone to tulle, but from more dense fabric. It is possible to make loops continuous, on buttons or just to tie them beautiful bows.