Once the loved footwear begins to proceed, is abraded and demands immediate repair. Whether it is possible to stick independently sole or it is necessary at once will address in professional shoe workshop? There are short-term and long-term measures which will help your footwear to serve still some time. Whether to undertake them independently, to solve to you.
It is required to you
- - Glue;
- - Acetone;
- - Rags or cotton wool;
- - Press;
- - Sealant (MS polymer), silicone sealant;
- - Porous rubber;
- - Cardboard;
- - Insoles;
- - Rubber sole;
- - Piece of cotton fabric;
- - Knife and scissors.
1. To repair sole by means of strong glue for rubber is the most usual way to give footwear in order. As a rule, it is temporary measure. If the first line of sole has a little come unstuck ("asks porridges"), clean adherend surfaces from pollution and after drying process them acetone. Usually in house conditions super-glue and "Moment" is used. Have well proved epoxy glue (EPD), Mad Handles sealant and polyurethane means of Desmokol in practice of independent repair of soles.
2. Use glue, according to the instruction on packing. Usually it is applied not with really thick layer (2-3 mm), maintained minutes 10 and strongly squeeze footwear cargo from night to the morning. Ideally it will be made in shoe workshop by means of special press. In house conditions use make-shifts, trying not to deform footwear. It is ideal to use ""-shaped block with additional cargo.
3. If the leaky sole has cellular design, at wear in it emptiness are formed – the heel fails, footwear in this place becomes thinner. Tear off insole and carefully clean cells from pollution, residues of glue and the torn cardboard. After that it is possible to fill in them with sealant (for example, MS polymer) and to allow to dry out properly. Cut cardboard templates in form of old insole, impregnate them with the same means and paste on sole, then establish new insoles.
4. Sometimes the cellular sole proceeds because of small puncture. In this case also disconnect insole (if it as it should be, then it can be done only in the place of puncture). Fill in cells with silicone sealant, fill them with scraps of porous rubber (micropore) and again apply silicone. From above put insole and strongly press it until the repaired sole dries out.
5. It is almost impossible to correct the sole which has cracked across in house conditions. For this purpose it is necessary to address shoemakers and to make rubber sticker ("prevention"). The same should be undertaken at abrasion of heels and toes.
6. If you managed to get thin rubber sole by the size of your footwear, try to paste it independently. Use strong shoe glue. That the rubber part was pasted to basis from polyurethane or kapron, at first weld the hot iron on it precisely found lining from cotton cloth. When gluing rubber sole on skin it is recommended to make 45-degree edge. However it is more reliable to repair break or abrasion of footwear only skilled masters will be able.