In the course of repair it is almost always necessary to clean from paint of wall, hand and the clothes which are accidentally soiled by paint. It is the most difficult to wash away oil paints, but it is possible, and there are many options from which it is possible to pick up suitable for each case.
It is required to you
- - removers for paint;
- - solvents - pine turpentine, gasoline, kerosene, white spirit;
- - sunflower oil, margarine, butter, pork fat or vaseline;
- - soap, laundry detergent, soda.
1. To clean old oil paint from wall, use special remover for paint, domestic or import. Apply it on wall and leave at several o'clock (according to the instruction). Paint during this time will rise and it will be easy to be removed. Working with remover observe safety measures: hands have to be protected by rubber gloves and surely protect mouth and nose respirator.
2. Clean the hands soiled by oil paint with sunflower oil - pound it on hands some time, then wash away warm water with soap. It is possible to use acetone: apply it on rag and wipe the soiled places on hands, surely wash hands large amount of water with soap. As a last resort it is possible to use laundry detergent - they can wipe fresh paint too and with it to wash hands.
3. Wash away oil paint from clothes by means of pine turpentine or gasoline: having moistened cotton wool in solvent, wipe spot from edges to the center. When paint becomes soft, clean off it the concentrated solution of tea soda and wash out this place or wash thing entirely in warm water. You can use any oil or fat - apply it on spot and after a while wipe with kerosene, gasoline or turpentine. Then remove spot with up to the end 10% ammonia solution and wash product.