The method of reproduction of plant is widely used by shanks in gardening. Depending on species of plant it is possible to use the lignified, root and green shanks.
1. Root shanks call small pieces of roots. Usually their length does not exceed ten centimeters and thickness — fifteen millimeters. Root shanks usually prepare in the fall, during the winter store in the fridge or other cool place, and land to the soil in absolutely early spring. It is not too widespread way though with its help it is possible to make multiple copies cherry, raspberry, cherry plum, plum and other plants. Consider that withdrawal of root shanks can seriously weaken maternal plant.
2. The lignified shanks most often make multiple copies grapes, currant, quince, plum and cherry. Such shanks prepare in the fall or at the very beginning of winter. They are stored in snow, the fridge or the basement. These shanks in length can reach twenty two centimeters, in fact, they are strong one-year gains of initial plant. The lignified shanks land in the middle of the fall or the beginning of spring, having them at distance of twenty centimeters from each other, leaving one or two kidneys over surface.
3. Gardeners receive the best results, landing such shanks in the fall, especially it is fair for white and red currant. The fact is that already to early autumn the one-year escapes of which do shanks completely grow ripe, and in bosoms of leaves kidneys are made out. The most viable shanks turn out from the middle of such one-year escapes. Saplings which are ready to change on the constant place grow from the lignified shanks only two years later.
4. Summer green shanks it is accepted to make multiple copies set of berry, fruit and ornamental plants. Such shanks are prepared usually in the middle of July (when escapes grow most intensively). For production of green shanks only the top, most flexible parts of escapes which have not managed to become covered with bark yet are used. Length of green shanks seldom exceeds six centimeters. For considerable acceleration of korneobrazovaniye some gardeners place the lower parts of shanks in special stimulators which promote growth of roots.
5. At disembarkation the green shanks bury up to two centimeters on depth. It is desirable to cover after landing them with can or film, the high humidity and temperature about twenty two degrees is necessary for rooting of shanks. Rooting of shanks occurs on average in two months then they can be replaced to the constant place.