Yet the engine, the accumulator – a source of vital forces of the car will not be started. And it without the electric power, alas, - a lifeless piece of iron. With diesels the situation is slightly better, but also they without joint stock bank are started only from "pusher". If with ignition, electronics, a compression, etc. everything is all right – the reason in feebleness of the accumulator. And if it is relatively young, but, despite all attempts to reanimate it, does not give that has to – test a last resort. Electrolyte replacement – not a panacea. But it is worth trying, maybe, nevertheless.
It is required to you
- - the distilled water,
- - electrolyte,
- - rubber gloves,
- - points,
- - baking soda,
- - table salt,
- - drill,
- - drill,
- - empty ware with a capacity from three liters,
- - charger,
- - network of 220 V.
1. In automobile and trucks acid-lead accumulators are generally used today. As electrolyte in them serve 40-60% solution of sulfuric acid. By means of electrolyte in the accumulator there is a generation of the electromotive force allowing this device to accumulate and store the electric power. There are several techniques of replacement of electrolyte in the automobile accumulators described on the Internet. And any of them does not guarantee "recovery" of joint stock bank. Replacement of electrolyte is made in the accumulators having the turning-off top traffic jams on banks (for a dolivka and discharge of electrolyte).
2. Discharge the accumulator up to the voltage of 7 V current of 5% from the capacity of joint stock bank.
3. Merge electrolyte.
4. Wash internal volume with the distilled water.
5. Fill in the accumulator for 3 hours of 25% with water solution of soda – the hydrocarbonate of sodium acts as converter of sulfuric acid.
6. Merge solution of baking soda and fill in 30% water solution of table salt.
7. Charge the accumulator in the normal mode (10% of nominal capacity) within one hour.
8. Merge solution of table salt and several times wash the accumulator with the distilled water.
9. Fill in the accumulator of 40% with water solution of soda and completely load.
10. Discharge joint stock bank under loading "completely" and properly wash with distillate.
11. Fill the battery with electrolyte at a temperature from +15 to +30os and load in the usual mode with a control and training cycle. All.
12. To other variantprosverlita without overturning joint stock bank on two openings from below in each can. It is not recommended to overturn the accumulator as the bared plates, allegedly, immediately will begin to be oxidized. A warning of inadmissibility of turning of the accumulator is not really clear. And how the fact that having been left without electrolyte all of them equally will be some time completely "naked"? Anyway, these it is possible to use way if it is about accumulators without the unscrewing traffic jams on banks.
13. Merge electrolyte and wash joint stock bank with the distilled water.
14. Solder the drilled openings acidproof material (plastic from the old accumulator will approach).
15. Fill in new electrolyte in the accumulator to the necessary level – on risks or on plates (15 mm are higher than their level).
16. Check electrolyte density in 5 hours and if necessary load it with current of 2 Amperes. All.
17. With the alkaline accumulators used in electric lift trucks it is simpler and simpler. Replacement of electrolyte in them – the standard procedure which is repeatedly described in literature.