Spaniards cook green peas soup all the year round, in the summer from fresh peas, and during cold weather from frozen. Now, with approach of summer when soul asks something bright, ""The Spanish green peas soup"" - the fact that it is necessary.
It is required to you
- - 1 kg of green peas;
- - 150 g of onions;
- - three garlic gloves;
- - 1 l of chicken broth (or vegetable);
- - olive oil;
- - 8 bacon slices;
- - salt, pepper to taste.
1. In a pan with a thick bottom to pour a small amount of olive oil and to put on fire. In the warmed olive oil to fry small cut onions within five-seven minutes. That onions were quicker softened, it is necessary to salt it. To small cut garlic and to add it to a pan to onions. Stirring slowly, to fry 1-2 more minutes.
2. Pour in chicken broth in a pan (if desired chicken broth can be replaced with vegetable). When broth begins to boil, to add to it green peas and to cook 6-9 minutes, to softness of peas. Remove aside and allow to cool down a little.
3. Crush the turned-out soup by means of the blender. It isn't obligatory to crush everything to homogeneous mass, it is possible to leave small grains.
4. On a frying pan to lay out bacon slices and to fry to a crunchy state. Put bacon on a napkin or a paper towel to remove excess fats.
5. Pour soup on plates, add a little black pepper, put from above bacon slices, decorate with greens and water with several drops of olive oil. Soup is ready.