Healthy food — a basis of health and beauty of any person, not only athlete. Normalization of a diet, refusal of harmful eating habits — probably, is the shortest way to health and harmony. It isn't so difficult to adhere to healthy nutrition how can seem at first sight. How often it happens, the main condition of success — gradualness and constancy.
1. Food of the child is especially important, the childhood — that time when durability reserve on all subsequent life is put. Alas, but children and teenagers aren't inclined to healthy food. Significant increase in cases of alimentary obesity or deficiency in body weight demonstrate to it also statistics of growth of frequency of diseases of digestive tract among children, and. For modern children the food has the increased value as it is connected with acceleration of rate of their life, increase of information loading. Several decades ago the way of life of the child and teenager was completely different.
2. So, the need for calories at the teenager of 14-17 years doing such sports as cross-country skiing, cycling, rowing can make 4600 kcal a day, the need for proteins increases up to 150 grams a day, and in vitamin C — up to 170 mg a day that considerably, much, exceeds the need for these food components at his "ordinary" peer, also the need for minerals essentially changes.
3. It is important to observe full value of proteinaceous structure of food — without it the athlete won't show good result and the organism will work in the conditions of deficiency of amino acids.
4. The fat structure of food has to correspond to proteinaceous approximately as 1:1, at the same time it is necessary to remember polyunsaturated fatty acids which source vegetable oils, meat of a saltwater fish are. The share of fats of plant origin has to make 25-30% of all fat contribution. In the light of the fact that food of younger generation in general is characterized today by deficiency of microelement structure for athletes it is of particular importance.
5. Achieve a rational diet of the athlete a task difficult, especially taking into account the intense schedule of day of the child. Five-sixfold meal at a gross academic and training load becomes almost impossible. So-called products of the increased biological value come to the rescue, them it is possible and it is desirable to use taking into account their safety and nutrition value. The big set, the choice of concrete — a task of the trainer and sports doctor is presented at the modern market of such products. The contribution of these food supplements to the general caloric content shouldn't exceed 20%, and their use in a large number shouldn't be prolonged.
6. There is no uniform universal diet for athletes which would satisfy food needs of each athlete for any age and for any phase of a training cycle. In each case the development of a diet is a task of the trainer and sports doctor of team.