The refined foreign name of Russian salad sometimes suggests an idea that it was thought up in Paris, but not in Russia. However this greatest delusion as this dish is considered primordially Russian, and the ingredients used in its preparation (hazel grouses, veal languages, capers, crayfish tails) were based on flavoring preferences of the Russian noblemen of the 19th century. The recipe of salad was thought up by the French chef of the Moscow restaurant Lucian Olivier especially for Russian-speaking visitors. Eventually the classical recipe of salad underwent many changes and was brought into accord with flavoring preferences of present generation of Russians.
It is required to you
- - 1 bank of a canned peas;
- - 400 g of a boiled sausage;
- - 1 carrots;
- - 5 eggs;
- - 200 g of potatoes;
- - 3 pickles;
- - 1 head of onions;
- - 250 g of mayonnaise;
- - salt to taste.
1. Under flowing water we wash potatoes and carrots. Before cooking vegetables don't need to be peeled that they kept the initial form and didn't collapse in salad. It isn't necessary to salt water also.
2. We check readiness of vegetables by means of a fork, we remove a pan from fire, we drain hot water and we pour cold that boiled vegetables cooled down quicker.
3. Further we boil eggs in the boiling water for 15 minutes then we cool them in cold water.
4. We shell the cooled-down eggs, and boiled vegetables - from a peel.
5. We wring out a brine from pickled cucumbers in order that salad on the consistence didn't turn out too liquid.
6. We cut all ingredients (carrots, potatoes, onions, sausage, eggs, pickles) in small cubes of the identical size, we drain water from green peas and we add it to a salad bowl.
7. We salt salad to taste, we dress with its mayonnaise (it is desirable to use провансаль not less than 60% fat) and it is carefully mixed.
8. If desired mayonnaise for Russian salad can be made independently. For this purpose in separate ware it is necessary to mix by means of the blender 2 vitelluses and a half h a spoon of mustard powder, 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and a small amount of salt and sugar.
9. The traditional recipe of Russian salad has a set of alternatives – instead of sausage in it put boiled or smoked chicken, shrimps, squids, instead of pickled cucumbers use fresh, replace green peas with tinned corn, etc. However invariable is the fact that winter salad is still a desired dish on a holiday table.