Herring – one of popular fishes. It has great taste, low price. The advantage of herring for an organism is known long ago. In some countries it is so loved that devote it even holidays, preparing on them various delicacies from this fish.
Herring is that all or almost love everything. Much like to salt a herring in house conditions. There is a lot of recipes of salting. If you learned to do it, then already from salty herring it is possible to prepare a small fish who to the taste will be more interesting and more tasty, than is simply banal a salty herring.
Herring with mustard
It is required for a dish:
- 2 carcasses of a salty herring
- 4 heads of onions
- 5-6 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 50 ml of lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons of the French mustard
- sugar to the taste.
- Prepare a salty herring in any way or buy ready. It is desirable to take it the whole carcasses. Cut a herring on fillet, having flayed with it. Cut some fillet pieces and put in such ware that it could be filled in with sauce
- Make sauce. In separate ware it is good to mix vegetable oil, mustard, lemon juice and sugar.
- Cut onions with half rings or rings. To accurately mix a herring, onions and sauce. Put a bowl with fish (it is possible to shift in a jar) in the fridge for about two hours. It is necessary that herring developed a new taste and aroma.
Herring with mayonnaise and green apples
The following recipe from a salty herring not less interesting, than the first – a herring with mayonnaise and green apples.
For this dish it is required:
- 1 kg of a salty herring
- 100 ml of mayonnaise
- 70 ml of sour cream
- 1-2 green (tart) apples
- to taste ground white pepper
- Apples should be cleaned and grated. Mix sour cream, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Add apples and it is again good to mix.
- Cut a herring with pieces and fill in it with sauce. Put a small fish in a container with lid (a jar, for example) and to remove in the fridge. Ideally, if it stands couple of days, but it is possible to eat and next day.
What should be known when salting a herring
- It is necessary to buy a herring only excellent quality. How to check it? Press on a carcass a finger. If the dent is restored, then fish qualitative. Check gills - they have to be red. On a carcass there should be no damages.
- If you salt fish, then remove from the gill head. It will help to keep better and longer fish.
- It is impossible to store too long herring even in the fridge. At storage it is better to cut it on pieces, to fill in with oil and to remove during cold.
- Salt should be taken large.
- When cutting a salty herring on fillet, it is convenient to delete small stones by means of tweezers. And it is necessary to undress it from a tail, but not from the head.
Herring of an iwashi are the Far East sardines. Call it so because of its similarity to a herring. This fish differs in high content the Omega-3. It is proved that people who often and eat this useful fish much have cardiovascular diseases much less.