Sauce Caesar is used for seasoning of the salad having the same name. It was framed spontaneously when the cook added the Worcester sauce to usual gas station. However such sauce can not always be found in shops. Therefore when for seasoning of salad Caesar is required to make sauce, it is possible to use the recipes adapted to the Russian conditions.
It is required to you
- - egg – 1 piece
- - mustard – 1/4 teaspoons
- - olive oil – 20 ml
- - a vegetable purified oil – 40 ml
- - lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- - fillet of anchovies – 4 pieces or a sprat solted with spices – 2 pieces
- - Worcester (vustershirskiya, vorchestershirskiya) sauce (Worcestershire sauce) – 4–5 drops (as it is difficult to find it in sale or its cost is too big, in the course of preparation this sauce is replaced with balsam vinegar and the Thai fish sauce)
- - salt
- - fresh ground pepper
1. The egg which is in advance warmed to room temperature falls to the boiling added some salt water and 2–3 minutes cook. After that egg quickly falls to cold water. Time of cooking can change depending on the size and freshness of egg. It is better to cook smaller time as in the original recipe it falls to the boiling water for only 1 minute.
2. The cooled-down egg which has to will turn out light-boiled, breaks and gives all the best in a bowl. Mustard and juice of a lemon is added to it. The received weight is shaken up by the submersible blender. Mix of oils gradually joins this weight at constant beating by the blender. As a result the turned-out sauce has to thicken.
3. Fillet of anchovies or a sprat is washed out and dried up by paper towels. Then fillet should be crushed a knife and to add to sauce. The received sauce is shaken up by the submersible blender to a uniform state, the Worcester sauce or balsam vinegar in pure form, or vinegar in combination with the Thai fish sauce is added.
4. All this has to give to the made sauce Caesar a soft fishy flavor. Sauce carefully mixes up and if necessary is salted. Salt is surely added right at the end as fillet of anchovies or a sprat can have different salinity, and there is a danger to put too much salt in a dish.