The semiotics is considered to be science about signs. It appeared at the beginning of the 20th century, but some scientists still argue on whether it is possible to consider semiotics actually scientific knowledge. The interests of semiotics extend to communication and interaction of people, to communication between animals, to culture and different types of art.
1. Several scientists participated in creation of the science of semiotics at the same time, however the founder it is considered to be Ch. Pearce. He both offered the name, and offered explanations to fundamental concepts of semiotics, he established classification and described knowledge methods which are applicable to a subject of scientific research. However these researches did not become widely known.
2. The ideas of the scientist found the reflection in works of doctor Ch. Morris. A. Tatarsky, R. Karnap and other famous scientists of this area developed further the general approaches and continued to study semiotics in terms of system approach.
3. The fundamentals of science can be considered the sign rather a concept of the sign, and his understanding of various cultures and traditions. The sign is the carrier of a certain information, is familiar also the bilateral essence is considered.
4. A key concept of science – semiozis, that is sign process. The situation when one object transfers the message to another is the cornerstone of this process. At the same time the transferring object is called the sender of the message, and other object accepting the message - the recipient. A certain code which allows objects to understand each other is necessary for this process.
5. In this case not only the code, but also Wednesday, peredelyayushchy its value is important. Both Wednesday, and the code are correlated, i.e. they not only approach to each other, but also define each other. A simple example of discrepancy of the code and Wednesday – a conversation of people in different languages. (Listener) accepting information is simply not able to understand the meaning of what was said without knowledge of a foreign language on which expresses transferring information (speaking). I.e. the task of the recipient is to transfer by means of the set code of the message to concrete value.
6. Speech communication is considered a special case, the sender is called speaking, and the one who receives is listening. The code in this case is a system, it includes all sign variety and rules of its functioning. So, foreigners can understand each other by means of other sign system – by means of gestures or a mimicry. It is possible to use and drawings is signs too.
7. The science semiotics can be divided into three main parts: semantics, pragmatics and sintaktika, or syntax. The syntax considers the relations between values, pragmatics – the relations between the sign and that who uses it, and semantics studies value, the relations between meant and meaning.
8. It is impossible to consider semiotics independent science, the linguistics has too strong impact on it, that is the semiotics acts as comprehensive, general discipline, it generalizes knowledge of the device of language and about its sign system. Thus, the science helps people to understand better and various mechanisms of language. It forms the generalized knowledge of the language nature and methods of a research of linguistics.