At construction of the house quite often its owner should count amount of construction materials independently. The total costs of construction of a construction will depend on the correct calculations. Sometimes for calculation of maximum permissible load of supporting frameworks it is necessary to know the weight of materials, for example, of bricks. It is possible to calculate the weight of a separate brick and even full lot independently, without resorting to the help of experts.
1. In the simplest case use usual weighing for determination of weight of a brick. For this purpose the standard household scales (lever or cup) allowing the maximum weight of the measured object to 5 kg will approach. Place a sample on scales and determine its weight by a scale. Increase the received size by the required quantity of bricks which you expect to use in construction.
2. As the weight of a separate brick depends on its sizes and parameters, it is possible to determine its approximate weight, without resorting to weighing. The average weight of a hollow unary brick is 2.3-2.5 kg. The weight of a corpulent unary product fluctuates ranging from 3.0 up to 3.5 kg. Find the weight of a one-and-a-half or double brick, using a simple proportion, i.e. having increased the weight of a usual brick in one and a half or two times.
3. At calculation of weight of full lot of a brick which are usually delivered on standard pallets, define quantity of bricks in party and increase this number by the weight of a separate brick. If the material transportation demanding knowledge of weight of all party is necessary to you add on the weight of a pallet which is from 30 to 40 kg to the received result.
4. When calculating weight of big consignments of construction materials you recognize also that the weight of one cubic meter of a red brick is about 1.7 t. With an average weight of one product of 3.5 kg in cubic meter about 450-480 pieces will go in.
5. Knowing such parameter of a brick as its density, calculate brick weight by the formula connecting the weight, the sizes and density. You recognize at the same time that the standard unary brick has dimensions of 250х120х65 mm, and double – 250х120х88. If the product which is available for you has other parameters, previously make measurement of a brick.
6. Now increase the work of lengths of the parties of a brick by the known density. Depending on material type it can be 1000-1900 kg/CBM. Exact data can be learned in technical documentation to the party of a brick which is available for the seller. As a result you receive the weight of one product that will allow you to define characteristics of all party.