Nitrogen is an element with atomic number 7 in the Periodic Table which was opened by D.I. Mendeleyev. Nitrogen is designated by a symbol N and has formula N2. In normal conditions nitrogen is the diatomic gas which does not have color, a smell and taste. Our terrestrial atmosphere consists of this element on three quarters.
1. Today nitrogen is widely applied in different production. So, the connections containing this element are used during creation of dyes, explosives, medicines and other chemical industry.
2. Gaseous nitrogen has excellent properties which interfere with rotting, decomposition, oxidation of materials. It is used for expulsion of various pipelines, for filling of cameras of tires of cars and aircraft. In addition nitrogen is applied to production of ammonia, special nitrogen fertilizers, in coke production, etc.
3. How to find the mass of nitrogen only experts chemists and physicists know, of course, and the formulas given slightly below will allow to subtract and learn the mass of this substance even to the most inexperienced pupils or students.
4. So, it is known that the molecule of nitrogen has formula N2, the atomic mass or so-called molar weight is equal 14.00674 and. e. the m (g/mol), and, therefore, the painting mass of a molecule of nitrogen will equal 14.00674 × 2 = 28.01348, round and receive 28.
5. If it is necessary to determine the mass of a molecule of nitrogen in kilograms, then it can be done by the following method: 28×1 and. e. m = 28 × 1.6605402 (10) × 10 − 27 kg = 46.5 × 10−27 kg = 438. Determination of mass of nitrogen will allow to calculate without effort further the formulas containing the mass of a molecule of nitrogen, and also to find necessary components which, for example, in a chemical or physical task are unknown.