During studying the section ""Syntax"" at Russian lessons, school students learn not only to see the structure of phrases and offers, but also to carry out syntactic analysis of offers. For this purpose they have to be able to define a type of the offer, to see its building, etc.
1. Determine what the offer on the statement purpose is. If in it it is just reported about something, then it will be narrative. And here in the offer ""School students, learn rules of spelling of the alternating vowels"" the appeal, motivation to action contains. Therefore it will be incentive on the statement purpose. In case in a syntactic design the question is expressed, the offer is interrogative.
2. Specify in syntactic analysis what the statement on intonation is. Keep in mind that it can be either exclamatory, or not exclamatory. For example, in the offer ""What today remarkable day!"" admiration and delight are expressed. Therefore, it will be exclamatory. Besides, this offer comprises the message, information. Therefore note in analysis that it is narrative.
3. Emphasize a grammatical basis of the offer. Specify, the sentence is simple or difficult. So, in a statement ""Rain expected to fall, and we went to take a walk"" two grammatical bases: ""rain expected to fall" ", " "we went to take a walk"". Therefore this compound sentence.
4. Specify a type of a compound sentence. It can be compound, complex or conjunctionless. For example, in a statement ""Pupils decided to go hiking when vacation begins"" there is a main clause ""Pupils decided to go hiking"" and a subordinate clause ""When rains will begin"" to which it is possible to raise a question. They are connected by a subordinating conjunction ""when"". This complex sentence.
5. Define a type of a subordinate clause, having raised to it a question. So, in a syntactic design ""When the sun will look out, we will go to the river"" the subordinate clause is in the beginning of a statement, to it it is necessary to raise a question ""when?"". Therefore, it is an adverbial subordinate clause of time.
6. If you carry out syntactic analysis of a compound sentence, then further characterize parts of a statement separately, consistently by the number of the main members, existence minor, etc. It is necessary as one sentence as a part of difficult can be mononuclear, and another - two-member.
7. Specify in analysis whether the sentence is mononuclear (there is only one main member) or two-member (there is both a subject, and a predicate).
8. If a mononuclear sentence, specify its look. It can be definite-personal, indefinite-personal, generally - personal, impersonal or nominative. For example, ""I will get on well at a statement on the poslednyuy electric train"" there is only a predicate ""will be in time"". It is expressed by a verb in the form of the first person, singular, the present. This personal sentence.
9. Emphasize secondary parts of the sentence if they are available, and specify widespread or the sentence is unextended. In a statement ""Pupils, help elderly people"" there is a definition ""elderly"" and addition to ""people"". Therefore, it is widespread.
10. Specify what parts of speech expressed all main and minor members.
11. If in a statement there are complications in the form of homogeneous parts, isolated attributes or circumstances, etc., note it.
12. Make the scheme of the offer.