Mosses have such bodies as archegoniums and anteridiya in which female and men's gametes – spermatozoa and ova ripen. Such sexual way of reproduction provides emergence of new plants, but mosses can breed also in the sexless way.
1. Mosses live hundreds of millions years on our planet. The department of mokhovidny contains more than 20 thousand plant species growing in all natural zones including to Antarctica. Allocate three classes of mosses: liverworts, antotserotovy and actually, mosses. The last are divided into andreeevy, sphagnum and briyevy. And what bodies mosses have?
2. Two generations of mosses: gametogophytes and sporofita replace each other in the life cycle. Mosses disputes breed and on again developed gametogophyte in many years gametes are formed: spermatozoa and ova. But before the plant will be able to start reproduction, it has to grow, get leaves and rhizoids which serve as roots. At sloyevishchny mosses the genitals are located on the top surface of a sloyevishch, and at listostebelny – in a top part of escapes. At last, in special bodies – archegoniums and anteridiya, gametes ripen. If those, and others develop on one plant, then call it monoecious and if on different, then dvudomny.
3. Spermatozoa by means of water move. If water in the habitat of a moss is not enough, spermatozoa "wait" for a rain or at least dew. After there is a merge of gametes, the ovum will become a zygote and will give life to new generation sporofit. However, at mokhovidny it is called sporogony which is not an independent plant, and only a parasite on a gematofit body. Sporogon represents a thin leg with a box on the end – a sporangium. In such box, disputes and when time of their dispersion comes ripen, the lid of a box opens, providing an exit a dispute outside.
4. The dispute happens to the help reproduction and resettlement of mokhovidny. At first a dispute gives life of multicellular thin green thread – a protonema. It, in turn, provides further formation lamellar thawed or oblistvenny escapes. Again formed boxes scatter the disputes again and all cycle of development of a moss is repeated again. The green plant which grew from disputes is called as it was already told, a gametogophyte because in its top part there are special bodies providing formation of gametes. In the cycle of development mokhovidny alternate sexual and sexless ways of reproduction.
5. Forest mosses are the most important component of natural complexes. These photosynthesizing plants acquire inorganic substances and provide creation of organic chemistry. Mosses create peat reserves on swamps and are widely applied in medicine due to the antiseptic properties.