Frantsy — radioactive chemical element of the first group of a periodic system, it is carried to alkaline metals. Frantsy is considered the most electropositive metal.
1. Frantsy the researcher Margarita Perey in 1939 found, she called the new element opened by it in honor of the homeland. Existence of this element and its main properties were predicted in 1870 by Mendeleyev, but all attempts to find it in the nature came to an end with failure. Only in 1939 it was succeeded to allocate it to the French researcher.
2. It is known to the 27th radioactive isotope France with the mass numbers lying in the range from 203 to 229. This element has no stable and long-living isotopes. In this regard all researches of its properties are conducted with indicator amounts of substance. In the nature of frantion is present at minute quantities. Because of very high speed of radioactive decay of property of this metal it is possible to study only on samples which contain it is insignificant small quantities of this element.
3. In connections of frantion shows the oxidation level +1, and in solutions behaves as typical alkaline metal, on the chemical properties it most of all reminds caesium. Frantsy — the most fusible metal after mercury. At the room temperature he liquid and the look reminds mercury.
4. The following connections France are well soluble in water: nitrate, chloride, sulfate, fluoride, acetate, carbonate, sulfide, oxalate and hydroxide. Are badly soluble — iodate, chloroplatinat, chloroantimonat, chlorine-rostannat, nitrokobaltat and chlorovismutat.
5. Isotopes France with the mass number exceeding 215 are formed when splitting uranium and thorium under the influence of radiation by the accelerated deuterons and protons. Isotopes with mass number less than 213 can be received at nuclear reactions of multicharged ions with various elements.
6. Frantsy can be allocated with a chromatography method on organic and inorganic sorbents, coprecipitation, an electrophoresis and extraction. At crystallization it is isomorphically besieged with perchlorate, salts of caesium and hexakhlorplatinaty.
7. Soosazhdat frantion with double and plain salts of caesium and also with salts of heteropoly acids, for example, with salts of vanadiyevofosfornovolframovy or kremnevolframovy acids. Extract it nitrobenzene in the presence of the tetrafenilborat of sodium. The office of rubidium and caesium is carried out by method of a paper chromatography, by means of cation-exchange pitches and inorganic sorbents.
8. Frantsy use in biological researches for studying migration of ions of heavy alkaline metals and also in medicine, for example, for diagnosis of cancer diseases.