The address is meant as words or combinations of words indicating the addressee of the text, at the same time an inanimate object can be it as animated, and. In oral speech the address "is usually selected" with a pause, and in written – commas and exclamation marks.
It is required to you
- handle, paper, computer, smartphone
1. In most cases the address is allocated or separates commas, for example: "Hi, friend!" or "You pass, Maria Petrovna, you sit down". If it is necessary to emphasize emotionality of a phrase, for example, exclamation, then after the address put the exclamation mark, and begin the new offer with capital letter: "Winter! What you are severe!"
2. If in the text the address follows the address, then they among themselves also stand apart commas (as well as any other transfers). For example: "My dear, favourite, lovely as I missed you". However, if between addresses there is an union, then the comma is not necessary: "Ladies and gentlemen, I ask your attention!"
3. If several addresses "are scattered" according to the offer, each of them separates and allocated with commas separately: "Girls, a female locker room – to the right, boys, men's – on the left".
4. If the offer makes interrogative sense and comes to an end with the address, after it put the question mark: "It is possible to come, mister director?"
5. If the address is faced by a particle ("and", "ah", "about" and others), the comma is not put: "About joy, about pleasure!", however you should not confuse them with interjections ("ah", "oh", "about", "and", "hey" and others), after them the comma is necessary. Some particles and interjections sound equally (in other words, they are homonymous). Particles serve for strengthening of the address and make with them a single whole (in particular, are said without pause), and after interjections the pause is usually maintained, they are independent also otdelna from the address. Compare: "About Maria, your beauty does not give in to the description" and "Oh, Masha as you arrived on time!"
6. If the address is the independent offer, after it it is possible to put dots or the exclamation mark with dots: "Mom... Well, mothers!."
7. Personal pronouns "you" and "you" usually are not used as the address, most often they act as a subject, but at the same time have to be followed by verbs predicates. If there is no such predicate, then the pronoun can perform function of the address, for example: "You and, you, the man in a white shirt!" In informal conversation "you" and "you" turn into the address when are used with such interjections as "hey", "well", "eh", "цыц" ("Eh, you! As you could!"). Sometimes these pronouns are a part of difficult addresses: "My dear, well, hi!"