Walks on skis – one of the most beloved winter entertainments for people of any age. They help to support the organism in the tone, promote increase in immunity and improve blood circulation. As well as any other physical exercises, ski walks demand special equipment. Besides directly ski equipment, it is necessary to pay special attention to the choice of the suit.
1. Define, your physical activity on the ski track is how high. Than more slowly you move, especially warmed and defended in wind and moisture has to be your suit.
2. Athletes-skiers, as a rule, put on the integral catsuits allowing to move as fast as possible. For usual walks in the fresh air the best choice is the set from the jacket and trousers.
3. If you not really firmly stand on skis, choose trousers with the overestimated waist and on straps. Such model defends in snow hit inside during falling better. On trousers for nonprofessionals the lower part of pant legs is supplied with the undone lightnings. It promotes easier putting on and allows to correct socks if they get off during the movement.
4. Pay attention to that the jacket was rather long and well closed the waist. As a rule, at the jackets intended for winter sports the back part is slightly longer, than the lobby. It is good if in the jacket there is internal "skirt" on the elastic band protecting from overwrite of clothes during the movement.
5. Track that cuffs were rather dense and were supplied with the special valves allowing to regulate width. The internal part of the collar of the jacket is often made of soft tissues of type of fleece. It protects the person from frostbites. Some models of jackets have the special level in the top part of the collar – it doesn't allow the collar to slip down.
6. Choose the ski suit having the special safety padding on a lap, elbows, shoulders. For strengthening fabrics like Kevlar or Cordura from DuPont are used.
7. Pay attention to details. The large number of pockets will allow you to place all necessary trifles with ease. Pockets have to be zipped reliably. All lightnings both on trousers, and on the jacket have to be supplied with the two-sided valves defending in wind. Runners on lightnings have to be big and nonslipping that you could undo them, without taking off the glove. One more pleasant detail on qualitative clothes – the eyelet for gloves.
8. Having chosen model, pay attention to material of which the suit is made. Most often in inexpensive models as heater sintepon is used. It easy and not bad holds heat, but after the first washing loses about 30% of thermal properties. Besides sintepon badly "breathes", in it you will quickly sweat. Heater from specially processed down holds warmly and very easy much better. The key indicator – elasticity. It is designated as Fill Power or F.P. (ability to compression) the maximum indicator – 750 units. But when soaking, down very quickly rolls down and loses the of weaving.
9. Heaters of new generation of type 3M Thinsulate, Polartec 200, Polartec 300 will become the optimum choice. These nonwoven fabrics have thermal properties of down, are hypoallergenic, absolutely ecologically safe, perfectly pass moisture and allow the body to breathe. Besides, after 15 washings they lose no more than 10% of the thermal qualities.
10. External fabric on the ski suit is intended for protection against moisture and wind. The main characteristics are the moisture evaporability and water tightness. In cheap fabrics the protection against external dampness is reached due to special impregnations which do fabric heavy and "not breathing". The "breathing" fabric, on the contrary, doesn't provide good protection against moisture. Membrane fabrics allow to reach the optimum combination of these two indicators. Their principle of work is concluded that the moisture evaporated by the body consists of smaller molecules of water, than external precipitation. The most known membrane fabrics: Gore-Tex, SympaTex.
11. And the final stroke — check protection of seams. At good ski suits the seams have to be glued from the inside by the special tape. It defends in moisture hit inside through the openings left the needle. Usual gluing (without tape) very quickly becomes useless.