Often those who choose for themselves yoga as a way of moral and physical development face such problem as stiffness of muscles and joints of a basin and hips. For this reason many yogis cannot rather easily and gracefully carry out some asanas, feel discomfort at execution of various exercises, do not feel the necessary satisfaction and joy after the training. Kapotasana — just that pose which helps to exclude all these problems in short terms "opens" a basin and allows to move quickly and without serious consequences to a new level of skill in yoga. In article we will consider how correctly to learn to carry out it.
Pose of a pigeon in yoga (Kapotasan)
Kapotasana in the people is called by a pose of a pigeon. The reason of such name become obvious, it is worth looking at how it looks. The person who accepted the pose called in honor of a bird of the world costs knees on a floor, his trunk is curved by an arch, and hands are thrown back for the head in such a way that touch by a foot.
The ring when which performing the breast of the yogi is strongly exposed forward turns out kind of, and the head is thrown back back that causes associations with a pride bearing of a pigeon.
Learn what is asanas in yoga and what their role.
Treat the main advantages of exercise:
- Disclosure of coxofemoral joints.
- Muscle strain of hips and buttocks.
- Improvement of flexibility of all body.
- Development of mobility of coxofemoral joints.
- Strengthening of a muscular framework of a stomach.
- Correction of a bearing.
- Strengthening of muscles of a back.
- Improvement of blood circulation of all body, its especially lower part.
- Increase in arterial blood pressure.
- Increase in volume of lungs.
- Improving load of heart.
- Prevention of problems of an urinogenital sitsema.
- Feeling of own ease, dexterity, general tone of all body.
Harm and contraindications
Before the occupations it is worth studying the list of contraindications to performance of this exercise and to estimate its potential harm for an organism.
Whether you know? Such asanas as Kapotasana, are capable to prolong human life. From the scientific point of view it is proved that at execution of the exercises promoting ventilation of lungs and increase in their volume, internals receive more oxygen, and the cardiac muscle and blood vessels become stronger that considerably slows down process of aging of an organism.
Among the main contraindications:
- Inflammatory diseases of joints and bones.
- Obstruction of blood vessels, thrombosis.
- General weakness, temperature increase of a body.
What to begin with
So, if you, having weighed all pros and cons, decided to execute nevertheless to Kapotasan, you should know some positions from which it is better to begin to do this exercise.
Important! You should not hurry to carry out the most effective asanas and to neglect preparatory positions, especially if you — not the really skilled yogi. Trainings with above-mentioned positions will help you to stretch and prepare the body for performance of more difficult interpretations of Kapotasana as much as possible.
The pose of a pigeon demands from the performer of considerable preparation — to make it it is correct also without harm for health, beginners will be helped by the following preparatory exercises:
- Baddh Konasan, or pose of a butterfly. Sit down on a rug for yoga, the legs bent in knees and moved apart connect before yourself stupnyam. Try to bring closer heels to a trunk as much as possible. Try, stretching internal ligaments of hips, to part knees as it is possible more widely, concerning them a floor.
- Bkhundzhangasana, or cobra pose. On a firm surface lay down facedown, place palms on both sides from a trunk around a waist, elbows look up. Resting hands against a floor, tear off shoulders and a stomach from a rug so highly as far as your flexibility will allow you. Hips at the same time have to remain pressed to a floor, and the head — is taken away back. Carefully rocking on hands, stretch muscles of a stomach and outer side of hips.
- To Seth Bandha. To execute this exercise, it is necessary to lay down on a rug for yoga, legs are bent, heels touch buttocks. Extend straight arms down, palms lie on a floor. Making a start stupnyam from a floor, tighten hips and a basin as it is possible above, forming an arch, shoulders at the same time remain are densely pressed to a floor. Feel how muscle fibers of a back part of hips and a buttock strain.
- Virasana, or hero's pose. Get up on all fours and straighten a back: knees together, foot separately. Carefully sit down between feet. You watch an equal bearing, the look is directed parallel to a floor. Hands are lowered and rest palms against a floor or are cramped over the head. In such situation muscles of legs perfectly last.
Further it is possible to try the complicated options of these poses, for example:
- Supta Virasana, or a pose of the soldier (hero) lying. Having sat down in Virasana's position, slowly lay down on a back, watching that the bent knees remained pressed to each other. At the same time it is possible to leave hands along a trunk or to reduce over the head. You have to feel how your muscles of legs, coxofemoral joints and knees stretch.
- Supt Baddh Konasan. It is the same pose of a butterfly only complicated by the fact that the trunk of the person who is carrying out it is not in vertical position, and lies on a back that promotes a bigger extension of muscles and sinews of an internal part of hips.
- At this stage try to execute one of variations of a pose of a pigeon. For this purpose you need to sit down so that your right leg was before you, it was bent in a knee and adopted the provision of a semi-lotus. At the same time your left leg has to be extended and taken away back, strong resting fingers against a floor. The back is in a natural deflection, the breast is exposed forward, eyes look before themselves. It is possible to help itself to hold with hands balance, having lowered them on a floor on both sides from a trunk.
Phasing of performance of Kapotasana
Now we will pass directly to implementation of traditional versions of a pose of a pigeon. They are two too, and they differ in complexity level.
Important! When performing any exercise attentively listen to the feelings. Asanas should not cause you intolerable pain, should not be heard clicks and crunches of joints. All your movements have to be directed to relaxation of muscular and nervous systems, feel satisfaction from occupation and inflow of cheerfulness.
- On a firm surface get up bent in knees, having parted them on 30–40 centimeters. Feet have to lie parallel to knees.
- Lower a basin between legs and slowly lay down a back on a floor.
- Then throw the bent hands for the head, place palms near ears so that fingers specified on a foot.
- Having felt a support in hands, slowly begin to lift a basin so that all your body reminded a circle, the head can be torn off from a floor.
- More skilled yogis can try to lean not on palms, and on the bent elbows, the head will be in that case strong pressed to stupnyam.
The complicated option
Ek Pad Radzhakapotasan's asana, or pose of a royal pigeon is considered the complicated option of a pose of a pigeon.
Study the name and the description of the simplest and difficult poses for occupations yoga.
For its implementation it is required to you:
- To sit down on a firm surface so that the right leg was in a semi-lotus pose, that is it is bent in a knee and lay on a floor before you on the outer side, and left it was extended strictly back, parallel to a hip.
- Having felt a support standing, raise hands over the head and bend them so that elbows looked up.
- Then slowly tear off foot of the left leg from a floor and try to capture her hands at yourself behind the back.
- Throw back the head as much as possible deeply back, hands tighten the left foot to the top or a forehead.
- Be late in final situation for ten seconds, try not to lose balances.
Video: the complex directed to studying an asana Ek Pad Radzhakapotasan Asana Kapotasan and Ek Pad Radzhakapotasan — very effective and beautiful poses, but their main advantage that they positively influence our organism and health in general.
Whether you know? Regular exercises in which muscles and bones of a basin actively work are capable to cope with various sexual violations. It occurs due to considerable strengthening of a pelvic bottom and improvement of blood circulation.
Having learned to carry out these exercises correctly, you will move to a new level of the skill in yoga, will expand possibilities of your body and will become step closer to perfection.