In sports terminology of average consider a running distance of 800-3000 meters.
As the test or the first step use length 600 m, and hold a running on 1000 m (na1 km) only on commercial actions. Run on 2 km also is rather training and does not enter champion and Olympic competitions.
The history of run on average distances
This sport appeared in Great Britain in XYIII century and was available only to men. In 1896 the distance on 800 m and on 1500 m became a part of the Olympic Games. Women for the first time ran 800 meters only in 1928.
Whether you know? In 1912 Ted Meredith (USA) ran 800 m in 1.51.9 seconds, and this time became World War I a record.
In hundred years the world record improved for 9.99 seconds. Progress of women from 1922 to 1983 (for 61 year) was more noticeable — time decreased by 37.12 seconds.
Comparison of male and female results for 1926-1928 gives a difference in 28.8 seconds, and in 53 years the gap was reduced to 11.7 seconds. From 1950 to 1960 the women (all runners of the USSR) set 9 world records.
Technology of run
Modern technology of run allows to achieve:
- high speed;
- economical expense of forces of the athlete;
- free and natural movement of a body.
Study rules and technicians of run through barriers, shuttle, interval and sprinting and also run on short and long distances.
Step length — an important indicator for successful overcoming an average distance. It is difficult to increase the speed of run simple lengthening of a step, then energy consumption considerably increases. The technique of trainings sets as the purpose increase in frequency of steps, without changing their length. A rational expense of forces and power of ongoing efforts — important components of the good equipment.
Training in run
The trainer uses methods of the story and display that the pupil had general idea of run and knew the theory. At this stage of preparation use video tutorials and other training materials.
Then begin working off of basic movements where enter:
- movements of a neck and head;
- study of movements of hands and legs;
- optimum statement of foot.
Important! Exact performance of the main movements allows to avoid further mistakes and to receive the best result in competitions.
The next stage consists in walking with complications and the accented carrying out of a hip. As complication the raising of hands or their running situation is used. Speed and a distance increase gradually, with transition to slow and interval run.
Video: technology of run at an average distance the Last option helps to master change of speed. From rigid trainings allocate run on the tow: the pupil is attached to the hardy runner by a rope and has to keep up with the set pace.
Important point of training — run on turns. Radius of a bend is increased gradually at small distances, fulfilling a running and running out from a bend. Competitions where the main objective is not the result at the finish, and gaining experience and increase in level of skill become a final grade level.
Whether you know? On average length of a step of the athlete — 160–220 cm, influences it a distance and physical features of the person.
Sports disciplines submit to the strict set of rules.
Run on average distances has such main requirements:
- runners become for 3 meters from the place of start, determining places by a lot or by results of the previous runnings;
- at a starting shot the athletes do not touch the earth by hands;
- the participant does not disturb rivals or he will be disqualified;
- the runner who the first crossed finishing line wins a running. In disputable cases use a photo finish, and the winner is that athlete whose part of a trunk on a photo crossed a straight line of the first.
Stages of training process
Trainings divide into four parts:
- Initial preparation.
- Preliminary basic preparation.
- Maximum realization of individual opportunities.
- Fixing of achievements.
The running is divided into start and starting dispersal, the movement on a distance and finishing.
Study features of breath during run.
Starting position — high start. The take-off foot is established end-to-end to the line, and swing is set aside on a sock back on 2-2.5 feet. The trunk has an inclination under 40–45 °. Legs are bent, the center of gravity is redistributed on a take-off foot. Eyes look forward down (at 3–4 m). After start the inclination gradually reaches 5–7 °. At different distances the dispersal occupies from 20 to 40 meters. It provides to the athlete optimum speed with natural increase in frequency and length of a step. Dispersal allows to take a convenient position among rivals.
Learn what muscles work during run.
In the main part such position of a body is recommended:
- the head is located exactly, the face and a neck are not strained;
- the trunk inclination makes 4–5 ° forward;
- shoulders are weakened, slightly cramped shovels;
- easy deflection in lumbar area.
The pendular movement of hands provides balance, accelerates or slows down run. Hands are bent in elbows (90 °), and brushes are slightly compressed. Shoulders do not rise. The runner falls by the leg bent in a knee.
Foot at first concerns the earth a front part, then leans on the basis of fingers and falls by all sole to a heel. For decrease in side fluctuations of stop it is put directly and it should not be turned out outside.
Making a start, the runner completely straightens a leg, and other leg carries out a move forward and up. Height of raising of a hip becomes maximum (for average distances). The shin is relaxed. Overcoming turns has such features:
- trunk inclination to the left (towards the center of turn);
- different movement and amplitude of hands;
- the step of the left leg decreases;
- foot and move of the right leg are directed inside.
After an exit from a bend the position of a body returns to the main position.
The finishing piece makes 150–200 meters, and on this site the finishing throw joins. The runner increases an inclination and strengthens movements by hands, gathering the highest speed. The last step is followed by a throw to finishing line a shoulder or a breast.
Exercises for improvement of results
Bezyntervalny run with selection of duration perfectly develops endurance and contributes to the development of physical shape.
Important! The most intensive repeated training (anaerobic and lactat) forms a large amount of lactic acid in a body and is contraindicated to beginners.
During the repeated trainings the running distance is divided into small sites, carrying out repetitions with the picked-up rate and breaks of rest. The extensive type of occupations improves the general endurance, and intensive is developed just for average distances. To increase speed, carry out also such exercises:
- run on 60–200 meters;
- hopping exercises;
- sports with the acceleration moment.
Run on apportion effectively increases the speed of athletes:
- on a piece of 150-300 meters the athlete runs a part of a way with a speed about 90% from greatest possible for himself;
- on other part the speed decreases;
- on the finish comes to the speed limit of run.
Between high-speed exercises the active holiday is recommended, and between series carry out an extension.
Councils and recommendations for beginners
The beginning runner has to adhere to the system of occupations recommended by the trainer.
Several advice will help to achieve the best results:
- choose the correct footwear. Think of addressing the expert who will prompt an optimal variant for your foot. Through 600–800 kilometers of a sneaker it is better to replace;
- carefully work technology of the movement of all parts of a body at slow speed and at short distances;
- you do not hurry, at first you drop into a walk;
- pass to healthy nutrition and drink more water;
- begin a training in 90 minutes after high-carbohydrate easy food or in 2–3 hours after heavy fat and proteinaceous dishes.
Video: the main mistakes in run on average distances of Occupation run on average and long distances demands uniformity, endurance and the correct distribution of forces. Use councils of professionals and set up new records!