Racing series W announced 18 racers for the first season of 2019. Participants were chosen after final tests in Almir.
The champion of the British GT4 and the MRF series Jamie Chadwick, the former participant of the Red Bull junior program Bayttske Visser and the former racer Formuly of Renault of Alice Powell passed into the new series.
18 racers were selected from the list in 28 pretenders who passed the first tests in Austria in January.
"After four days of intensive tests in Almeria which came to the end yesterday, and four severe days of tests in Melka in January as you can imagine we collected the huge number of data", - the CEO of series W Catherine Bond Myur told.
Thus, our referees headed by Dave Ryan processed data to define 18 racers who will compete in the first racing series for women. For those racers who didn't pass I express condolences, but also I say that they are good fellows.
All our racers worked diligently, studied well and well went including those who didn't pass. The 18th Pilates which made it I want to congratulate and praise all for very good work".
Four-day tests in Almeria were also the first opportunity for racers to test the series Tatuus T-318 car.
The first 12 participants were chosen on the basis of the first three days of runs, and the last day became the most important for pretenders to other six places and also on four places for the reserve.
Sara Bovi, Vivienne Kestelli, Stefan Cox and Francesca Linossi were called reserve racers of the first season of series W.
The director of series W Ryan told: "It was hard to be chosen from several women, but, frankly speaking, those that passed, made very good work within four days in Almeria.
It is the end of one part and the beginning another. All of us are happy though, obviously, some pretenders are disappointed, but all so, unfortunately, as is, and they just have to continue the attempts.
It was very difficult process of selection, than we sometime could present", - the founder of series W David Coulthard added.
Series W will carry out early tests for Lauzitsringe on April 14-16, before the season from six stages which will pass in the type of races of support of DTM which will begin in Hockenheim on May 4-5.
The list of racers / the C what series came
- Jamie Chadvik of British F3, British GT (GT4 champion)
- Sabre Cook of Road to Indy, US F4
- Marta Garcia Spanish F4
- Megane Gilks F1200 Canada
- Esmi Hoki of Porsche Carrera CUP GB
- Jessica Hawkins Mini Challenge
- Shay Holbrooke of Lamborghini Super Trofeo
- Emma K_m_lainen STCC
- Mikey Koyama Japanese F4
- Sara Moore of LMP3, Ginetta Junior (champion)
- Tasm_n Pepper of VW Engen Polo Cup
- Vicki Piriya of GP3, European F3 Open
- Alice Powell of GP3, Formula Renault UK (champion)
- Goya Rdest of Audi TT CUP, GT4
- Naomi Schiff of Formula Renault 2.0, GT4 European
- Bayttse Visser of Formula Renault 3.5, GT4 European
- Fabien Volvend of Ferrari Europe
- Caitlyn Wood of Blancpain of GT