Occupations yoga provide not only performance of asanas with breath control, but also their association with visualization, mantras, meditation and so forth.
In article we will tell for what it is necessary to be engaged in meditation and as it is correct to do it. Our material is useful to those who only begin to meditate and have a set of questions of the methods and the most frequent mistakes meditating.
Advantages of yoga-meditation
Main goal of meditation — relaxation, disposal of tension. The modern rhythm of life led to the fact that people live in a constant stress, have not enough time for rest, and some forgot to relax at all.
The nervous system staying in constant tension provokes development of various problems with health, leads to depressions, a syndrome of chronic fatigue — to diseases which became just a scourge of modern society.
Meditation allows the person to unload nervous system, to learn to look at the world around with optimism, to get rid of fatigue, to add forces and to be sated with energy.
At meditation of people learns to control the breath, does it to deeper, heartbeat as a result slows down and arterial blood pressure goes down.
Besides after meditative the practician of people who had before, according to him an unsolvable problem, stood at the deadlock, begins to look at it in a different way, finds a way out or treats it more simply, without taking very much to heart.
We advise to esteem how to begin to practice house yoga.
One more important advantage of meditation — ability by means of this practice to find answers to questions: "What do I want?", "Where I go?". Yoga-meditation allows the person to understand and learn better itself, to realize where his place in the world.
Undoubtedly, after a while after the person came to need of meditation for the life and began actively it to be engaged, he begins to feel better, looks younger soul and a body. Meditation reconciles the person with itself, the world around, other people and helps it to live daily life. Regular practicians of relaxation lead to the fact that the person gets rid of aggression, becomes kinder, more tolerant to people around.
In turn, all negative which falls upon the person daily will cease to touch it and to discompose.
It will be useful for you to esteem about what directions in yoga and in what their main differences happen.
Such state involves basic changes in human life and in his aspirations. There are enough only 8 weeks of practice to see result.
Thus, meditations allow to make the following changes to human life:
- to achieve the general improvement of the state of health and disposal of many, including chronic, diseases thanks to establishing work of nervous system and disposal of a stress;
- to learn to exempt reason from unnecessary, "toxic" thoughts;
- to study pulling in the life of necessary conditions for own happiness — love, wealth, good luck, health, etc.
Video: about meditation
That meditations turned out and yielded result, it is necessary to follow several simple rules:
- To practice relaxations it is regular. Optimum — every day. At the beginning frequency 3 times a week is allowed. Only at a regular meditirovaniye it is possible to achieve desirable effect and to see changes in the life. If to make a long break, then return to practice will be difficult.
- Optimum frequency the practician — 2 times a day: in the mornings and to evenings. Morning meditation will allow to be sated with energy for all day. Evening — will promote elimination of the negative emotions saturated for day.
- Practice should not be carried out after dense meal. It is unlikely meditation in such state will be successful as together with a stomach heavy nerves and consciousness will also be. It is desirable that the digestive tract before relaxation was empty. After meal and before acceptance of a meditative pose there have to pass not less than 2 hours. But if the feeling of hunger brings you discomfort and does not allow to meditate normally, then it is allowed to drink a glass of milk or juice.
- To take care of that at the time of meditation there was no foreign intervention. It is necessary to warn people with whom you live that they did not disturb you. Sudden foreign intervention can lead to negative consequences. If immersion deep, then is possible even development of a mental disorder.
- To pick up suitable music for relaxation. It has to be monotonous, simple, not distracting from process.
From what and how to begin
It is necessary to begin practice of meditation from 5 minutes, gradually increasing its duration up to 10, 15, 30, 45 and 60 minutes. The most widespread pose for meditation — sedentary with an equal back: lotus or semi-lotus.
In such situation the simultaneous combination of tension and relaxation of muscles is reached. It is optional to hold a back suspended, it is possible to use various devices, for example, pillows, rollers and also to lean against a wall, other vertical surfaces.
But if to the person who came to need of introduction to the life of meditation, such pose for any reasons seems inconvenient, then it is possible to choose more comfortable for himself — on a lap, on a chair, in a chair.
Learn properly to meditate at home.
Before going to bed it is possible to meditate even lying. And did not interfere the main thing that the discomfort and tension did not distract with relaxation.
If the pose is comfortable, however you not in forces a long time to hold in it a body without it did not begin to oppose and signal about it muscle pains, then it will be necessary to train by performance of asanas. And after a while the pose for meditation surely will obey you. Eyes during meditation hold most of beginners closed. It helps concentration. However the closed eyes at meditation — not the basic moment. Some people manage to meditate successfully and holding their open or half-closed.
The place for meditation has to answer several criteria:
- to be silent — the less foreign sounds will reach and distract, the more simply and it will be quicker possible to reach a condition of slackness;
- to be well lit, with the comfortable, not hurting the eyes lighting;
- to be cozy — the comfort and a cosiness will be promoted by candles, aromapalochka, flowers, a scope, a comfortable situation, the corresponding music.
After you learn to plunge into yourself, the place for you will not matter any more. You will be able to devote yourself to meditation at any time and in any place.
Contraindications to a praktikovaniye of meditations practically do not exist, any person can start them. The only category of people who cannot meditate are those who have mental diseases in severe forms.
Video: about meditation it is easy to Study meditation — on the Internet and also in specialized literature there is a set of councils and video lessons of training.
Important! Meditations are recommended to those to whom bothered to live in an infinite stress, a depression, depression, chronic fatigue, with a heap of unresolved problems.
The teacher for this purpose is in most cases not necessary. The mentor is required only when mastering the deep techniques making serious impact on consciousness and physical health.
Methods for beginners
There is a set of ways how to reach a relaxation and at the same time to combine it with the maximum concentration of attention. We give descriptions simple below the technician which are available to beginners. You can choose for yourself that which was pleasant most of all, to popraktikovat its few weeks, and then to start development of following.
As it is clear from the name, this practice assumes training in tracking the breath. The person concentrates on each breath and an exhalation and feelings which he at the same time has. First such tracking is given not easy as in the head after all foreign thoughts creep in. It is necessary to reject them and to return to breath.
Technology of carrying out:
- To sit 2–3 minutes in the weakened situation in a convenient pose.
- To concentrate on how air enters and leaves an organism. To accompany an exhalation with the account.
- After the counted 4–5 minutes of exhalations it is necessary to count up to 10, advancing a breath.
- To stop the account and just to focus on breath.
- To pay attention to the place where air most noticeably contacts to a body. To focus on feelings at its entry into a body.
Singing of mantras
Singing of mantras is inherent in many religions. This melodious singing of any word or phrase during which sounds merge in one stream. It is combined with concentration of attention and synchronization of breath. Such phrases as "Ohm, amine", "Ohm attract Padme khoum are most often sung".
Study features of pronunciation and value of mantras: ohm, har har har har har mugs and ohm attract Padme khoum.
To beginners to whom word meaning "a treasure in a lotus" is not absolutely clear (these phrases are quite so translated), it is possible to sing simpler word, for example, "world". Mantras can be sung aloud or to say about itself. Correctly to sing mantras, it is necessary to study to send to vibration of a voice for various parts of the body:
- To place one palm on a bottom of a stomach and to track vibrations in this place.
- To move a palm below and to feel vibrations.
- To continue observation of vibrations, falling to more lower parts of the body.
During such trainings of people it is capable to track vibrations in feet over time. When singing it is necessary to focus on what the mantra is directed to. It is necessary to learn to concentrate only on one thought and not to jump on others, otherwise to reach the necessary effect it will not be gained.
After carrying out this practice of people it is loaded with the releasing, cleaning and creative energy, gets feeling of tranquility and satisfaction.
Video: about singing of mantras
Visualization assumes "drawing" in the head of images — yantr or mandalas: florid geometrical images.
Beginners are offered to look on a simple geometrical figure, for example, at an oval, a triangle, a square in the beginning, and then to close eyes and to try with concentration, to represent with quiet breath it in the imagination.
Having learned "to draw" simple figures, it is possible to pass to intricate yantra and mandalas. Subsequently this meditative practice can be used to visualize and realize the desires.
Mettabkhavana literally is translated from Old Indian language as "meta" — "love", "bkhavana" — "development, education". Thus, this practice means education in itself love for all live. At first the person during meditation is offered to fall in love with himself, then — the relatives, then — people around including enemies. Meditation on the planet comes to the end with feeling of love for all living beings.
All this becomes with simultaneous concentration on breath and pronouncing such phrases as:
- "Let I will be happy";
- "Let I will be quiet";
- "Let I will be exempted from suffering".
Having done such work on itself and having achieved love for itself, it is necessary to represent the loved one, repeating in relation to him: "Let you will be happy", etc.
Having worked the relations with relatives, and then and with foreign people, it is possible to be accepted to people, the relations with whom develop difficult, with negative emotions. Meditation to all live comes to the end with a good wish that exists in the world.
Video: about the mettabkhavena
Vipassana name meditation of internal inspiration. For its performance it is necessary to allocate not less than 45 minutes.
It will be for certain interesting to you to learn more about technology of meditation of a vipassan.
Technology of performance looks as follows:
- To accept a sitting position with well straightened back in the comfortable position allowing not to be distracted by corporal feelings. It is possible to use various devices — a chair, a bench, a chair, a pillow, etc.
- To close eyes.
- To breathe exactly, as usual, focusing on a breath and an exhalation.
- To be focused on the feelings drawing attention in a body, for example, in an ear, a nose, etc.
- Then to pass to feelings which the world around delivers, for example, a smell, some sound.
- Thoughts which will come to the moment of observations of feelings should be rejected or given them epithets: for example, frightening, interesting, silly, etc.
- Problems which you have need to be perceived otstranyonno, without becoming attached to them and without rejecting them. To put in itself installation on the fact that it is your life which it is interesting to watch from outside.
Meditation on Vedanta
This practice is directed to training in observation of the consciousness which is in process of self-study. During it the person manages to feel that he is a part of the universe.
Practice assumes to enter at emergence of any thought with itself the following dialogue:
- For whom does this thought arise?
- For me.
- Who am I? Where my beginning?
Forming of such logical chain leads the person to release from own ego and to familiarizing with the world.
Meditation in the movement
For meditation in the movement it is possible to choose various forms. It can be some type of yoga or just walking, run. It is suitable for those people to whom uncomfortablly long time to sit in one place.
Video: about meditation in the movement For example, it is possible to go to walk to the deserted place and at the same time to be engaged in meditation:
- To synchronize a breath and an exhalation with steps.
- On a breath to tear off a heel from the earth, smoothly passing to raising of toes and movement of a leg forward.
- On an exhalation also smoothly to lower foot, fixing it in consciousness.
Thus, it is possible to achieve concentration and consciousness. By the way, meditation in the movement can be made even when performing working duties or when rocking the kid.
We recommend to esteem how to meditate for recuperation.
Frequent mistakes at meditation
Of course, very few people manage from the first correctly it is necessary to meditate and reach effect — relaxation and concentration of attention.
The most widespread mistakes of beginners:
- Choice of the equipment of a meditirovaniye, improper for. Before starting yoga-meditation, it is necessary to be defined what problem you need to solve. For each problematic issue, for example, for disposal of uneasiness, for obtaining energy and inspiration, for accommodation of a grief, there will be suitable a different practice.
- Expectation of fast result. Really, some people manage to achieve desirable effect already several months of meditations later 15–20 minutes a day. Others will need to meditate nearly all life to see changes. The universal recipe does not exist. The main thing to begin to meditate, do it it is correct, and the expected effect, of course, will come.
- Most often the beginners starting meditation complain that they do not manage to fight against the overcoming thoughts which distract from relaxation. It will turn out to cope with it if to recognize that such process is norm and is characteristic of all who come to need of meditation. As soon as you understand it and accept, you will not react so sharply, and thought process will gradually slow down. You learn to distract consciously yourself from thoughts, dialogues, and over time you will cease to pay to it attention.
Whether you know? The researches conducted by National Institutes of the USA proved that mortality of people who practice meditation is 23% lower, than at those who are unfamiliar with this practice.
- Meditation development attempts independently. If in your soul there are a lot of doubts, you worry because of mistakes and lack of result, it is necessary to resort to the teacher.
Video: mistakes at meditation
What to do if it is impossible
We want to note that many people were begun and this minute begin to meditate, however not all approach an ultimate goal. Most often meditation is impossible because of a set of foreign thoughts which come to mind of meditating and make impossible relaxation and concentration of attention.
Teachers advise in that case not to be upset, not to be angry and not to begin fight against thoughts at all, not to try to stop them. It is necessary just to fix it and to use the efforts to take away itself from thoughts and to return to practice.
During practice there can also be body pains — a back, legs, muscles, joints. Naturally, they do not allow to relax fully.
Whether you know? Many famous people changed the life, reached harmony and tranquility thanks to meditations. Among them — the actress Jennifer Aniston, Emma Watson, Liv Tyler, Suzan Sarandon, the TV host Oprah Winfrey, the singer Cheryl Crowe.
In that case it is necessary as we already mentioned, to change a pose for more convenient, to practice yoga and to make more pliable muscles or if pain tolerant, it is simple to watch feelings that will lead to their fast disappearance. Meditating a long time blindly, quite often people fall asleep and too do not achieve the necessary result. Such persons are recommended to observe a day regimen: it is enough to get enough sleep or allocate time for a dream before meditation.
Important! It is possible to cope with drowsiness by means of grinding of auricles or an exhalation with a simultaneous zakidyvaniye of the head back.
Thus, yoga-meditation allows to change cardinally human life to the best, to save it from tension, to live every day quietly and unperturbably, surely going towards the aim and not being distracted by unnecessary emotions and experiences.
Correctly picked up practice leads to the fact that the person interacts with the world around easier and treats the difficulties which arose on its course of life more simply.