Special therapeutic practicians were developed for those people who prefer not to resort to surgical methods of treatment of hernia of a backbone. They provide application of the physical exercises promoting restoration of the damaged tissues of joints and increase in their mobility. In this article features of performance of exercises at hernia will be considered, the existing sets of exercises, the main techniques of treatment of this state and a contraindication to their application.
What is backbone hernia
This disease of skeletal system which is followed by the shift of internal contents of a vertebral disk, outflow of liquid from a cover of an internal ring of a disk and protrusion of its wall.
This process is followed by jamming of the nervous terminations, emergence of pain and decrease in mobility of vertebras.
Important! People who suffer from an acute heart failure need to carry out especially carefully exercises from hernias: they stimulate blood circulation and can provoke faints at those who are unhealthy.
Depending on a location of hernia share on:
- chest — meet less than at one patient from hundred;
- cervical — more widespread disease, with it sees a doctor every fifth patient;
- lumbar — the most widespread hernias, they arise at 80% of the people who faced this disease.
The considered pathology always signals about itself pain in the injured department.
Carry the following states to other symptoms:
- numbness of muscles and sinews in the field of pathology;
- the pain irradiating in a waist, foot, a knee;
- numbness of toes;
- pain in a humeral belt, an occipital part of the head, frequent dizzinesses;
- the pulling feeling behind a breast from which do not save cardiovascular medicines.
Learn more about use of yoga at backbone hernia.
Can be the causes of this disease as the acquired injuries, and chronic diseases:
- osteochondrosis, lordoz;
- blows and falling;
- inactive way of life;
- overload of vertebral departments carrying weights;
- uneven bearing.
Video: about backbone hernia
Features of gymnastics at hernia
The remedial gymnastics for a back promotes removal of inflammation from the injured site, strengthening of walls of a disk, saves from pain. It can be done as at home, and in the conditions of gym.
Whether you know? One of the leading kinesitherapists of the present, Sergey Bubnovsky, developed a successful technique of treatment of joints, experimenting only on himself. Being young, he had an accident, and then for 27 years was forced to move by means of crutches. In the early nineties Bubnovsky published the first book guide on self-treatment and approximately started going to the same period independently, inspiring by the example a great number of patients.
Advantage and efficiency
Regular performance of medical exercises makes such positive impact on an organism:
- removes spasms and makes the weakening impact;
- restores secretion of articulate lubricant;
- increases in volume and strengthens various groups of muscles;
- the backbone balances;
- stimulates blood circulation and a lymph flow;
- makes immunomodulatory impact.
As physical exercises are an injury-causing treatment which is followed by a certain stress for an organism, it is recommended to be engaged in it not in everything.
Whether you know? Kineziterapiya as practice of treatment by the movement is used by mankind since the beginning of the 20th century. Its traditions originate in England where for treatment of patients with hopeless, appear, injuries used the vibrating massagers. Prior to the beginning of the 50th years this practice was considered as alternative medicine until it began to be considered as perspective in the leading world clinics, in particular — in the USA.
It is necessary to avoid gymnastics to people of whom such states are characteristic:
- postoperative period (not less than one and a half months);
- predynsultny, preceding infarction states, recently postponed strokes or heart attack;
- catarrhal, infectious diseases;
- periods of exacerbation of hernial pathologies;
- intensive painful feelings during performance of exercises.
Rules of carrying out exercises
To increase efficiency of exercises and to reduce risk for health, it is necessary to adhere to such recommendations:
- Before beginning to carry out exercises, address on consultation the therapist. He will define the direction of protrusion, will prompt what exercises will be the most useful.
- Be guided by feelings. If you began to carry out exercise and feel that it hurts you, pass to other task.
- Carry out all movements smoothly, without sharp breakthroughs and turns.
- You hold a training at least in two hours later and not less than for an hour to meal.
- Increase loading gradually — in the first several occupations do no more than 4-5 repetitions of exercise.
- Keep patience. Restoration of an organism takes the considerable period of time which duration depends on your initial physical state.
- Train until you feel pleasant fatigue. Wearisome trainings do not bear the necessary advantage for an organism.
Video: gymnastics at backbone hernia
Sets of exercises at hernia
Depending on a pathology location, different sets of exercises are applied to treatment. Power exercises and exercises on a fitball are forbidden, for treatment only LFK — easy physiotherapy exercises is used.
It is necessary to use them strictly according to purpose as they are effective only for specified like pathology.
Important! Surely you do warm-up and a hitch during each training. Warm-up will help you to warm muscles and to prepare them for loading, and the hitch will save from muscle pain and will remove their spasms.
The described physical. exercises are considered as the best — they are directed to balancing of a backbone, increase in distance between vertebras and elimination of jammings of the injured disks:
- Lay down on a floor, extend hands horizontally direct case, tighten feet to a basin. Raise buttocks over a floor on the greatest possible height, delay them in the top point for three seconds, then smoothly lower down. This exercise is considered the most effective for strengthening of the longest muscles of a back.
- Lying on a stomach, straighten hands and legs, strain the case. At the same time tear off both the upper, and lower extremities from a floor, as much as possible stretch them, throw back the head back. Be late in this pose for four seconds, relax and lay down back. This exercise for pulling of a backbone and its balancing.
- Kneel, palms place on a floor at distance 45–50 cm from each other. Inhale and round a back a dome, record a pose for three seconds. Smoothly exhale and cave in in a waist.
- From a pose on all fours straighten an opposite hand and a leg. You hold the case directly and strain press muscles. Be late in this situation for two seconds, then return to the previous pose. Repeat sequence for opposite extremities. This anesthetizing exercise which eliminates jamming of disks.
It is especially fragile department of a backbone therefore exercises need to be carried out extremely accurately.
The complex improves blood circulation in an occipital part of the head and cervical vertebras, improves their mobility:
- Sit down on a stool, put palms on hips. Rotate shoulder joints clockwise and against it (five rotations in each party).
- In a sitting position relax hands so that they hung along a body. The fast movement stretch them in the parties. Raise hands over the head and clap. Lower them in the previous situation, then again weaken. This exercise is included into treatment course of Robin Mackenzie — the famous New Zealand physiotherapist.
- Lay down on a firm surface and completely relax. Raise forearms perpendicular to a floor, quickly and with a force squeeze and unclench hands.
- In a prone position at first relax, and then raise a neck at an angle of 45 degrees to a floor. Detain the head in this pose for ten-twelve seconds, then relax for two-three seconds and repeat sequence.
Video: exercises at hernia of cervical department of a backbone
First of all these exercises are directed to increase in distance between vertebras and, as a result, elimination of pinching of disk nerves:
- Sit down on a firm chair with a high back or in a standing position lean against a wall. You hold a back exactly and smoothly bend forward, being bent only in a groin. Bend so low as far as you are allowed by an extension, then slowly return to the previous pose.
- Lay down on a floor facedown and place the sofa roller under the lower area of a stomach. You hold hands along the case, lift the case over a floor, as much as possible caving in in a waist. Inhale on lowering and exhale on rise.
- Lay down sideways on a floor, tighten knees to a breast and clasp them with hands. Strain an upper back and muscles of a press. This exercise will bring benefit only in the presence of tension in problem area.
Video: exercises for treatment of hernia of chest department of a backbone
To return integrity to a vertebral disk at common hernia or Shmorl's hernia and also to get rid of pain, carry out this complex daily.
It is directed to improvement of blood circulation in the injured vertebra and acceleration of recovery of structure of a backbone.
- From a prone position on a stomach rest elbows against a floor and it is dome-shaped raise a thorax over a floor. Be late in the top point of the return bridge for three-four seconds.
- Lay down on a plain firm surface, close legs, and put hands along the case. Raise vertically a leg and a hand on the one side of the case. Record a pose for seven-ten seconds, return to the previous situation.
- Lay down on a stomach, relax a body and close palms ears. Raise the head, a neck and the top part of the building over a floor. Record a pose for four seconds, then again relax.
Treatment by techniques
Two eminent doctors, Sergey Bubnovsky and Valentin Dikul, developed own techniques of recovery of work of the injured joints. Both techniques are called in honor of the creators, and their efficiency is proved by long-term practice.
The essence of this technique consists in regular loading of vertebras, victims of pathology. Sergey Bubnovsky claims that diseases of the musculoskeletal device can be cured only at the expense of the constant movement.
According to its technique, pain is eliminated thanks to an intensive training of both articulate bags, and muscles which are attached to the neighboring sites of a bone.
Important! Bubnovsky's technique provides total rejection of the anesthetizing medicines. Their use slows down process of recovery and reduces belief of the patient in efficiency of treatment.
Bubnovsky developed a complex of the special exercises providing harmony of movements during training process:
- Sit down on a floor, bend hands, as at usual walking. Strain gluteuses, begin to move yourself, taking small "steps" serially each buttock. For increase in complexity of exercise raise direct legs over a floor and you hold them suspended.
- From a sitting position raise the leg bent in a knee, then straighten it on weight and smoothly lower back. Repeat sequence for the second leg.
- Fall by all fours, make a deep breath and round a back a dome. Be late in this situation for seven seconds, slowly exhale and cave in, throwing back the head back.
- Sit down on a plain surface, a foot place 60–65 cm at distance. Put together big and forefingers of hands, reach them fingers at first of one, and then other leg. Do not bend a back, bend forward, putting themselves in a groin.
- In a prone position get hands for the head and stretch them as it is possible further. Incline the head forward, nestle a chin on a breast. Raise a back to the level of shovels and round it to notable tension in the longest back muscles.
Whether you know? Valentin Dikul, the legendary therapist, started the medical career thanks to accident. Still acting as the teenager in circus, he fell from huge height and had to carry out all life in the wheelchair. Valentin for years developed own technique according to which the organism is capable to create new nervous connections instead of the damaged main. In 2008 the former circus actor received a prestigious award "Profession life" and a prestigious medical award of N.I. Pirogov.
The essence of this technique consists in constant maintenance of a tone of muscles near area of pathology and improvement of blood circulation in it. Healthy muscles will provide normal transfer of nervous impulses in soft fabrics.
Video: exercises at hernia of lumbar department of Bubnovsky and Dikul Thus, Dikul's gymnastics not only restores normal functioning of the injured site, but also saves from pain.
- Kneel, slowly fall by heels and lay down a stomach on hips, exposing palms far ahead. Stretch the head forward, to palms, gradually transferring a point of support to knees. When the forehead touches a floor, smoothly raise the head and stretch it up forward. Slowly return to initial situation, transferring a point of support to buttocks.
- Strike a knee and elbow pose, connect legs together. Leaning on palms, make a move back at first one, and then other leg. Try to hold a waist equal and not to be curved in shovels.
- Lay down on a firm surface, tighten feet to a basin and connect knees. Incline them at first in one party, and then in another, lowering most low to a floor.
- In a prone position deliver to stop of one leg on a knee another. Smoothly tear off a supporting leg from a floor and slowly straighten it on weight. Bend a supporting leg again, smoothly lower it on a floor and repeat sequence for other leg.
We recommend to learn more about Dikul's gymnastics for a back and a backbone.
It is much simpler to prevent developing of hernia of an intervertebral disk, than to fight against consequences of this pathology. That your backbone was healthy, regularly carry out the following exercises:
- Sit down on a stool, press a chin to the top part of a breast. Wait in this pose ten seconds, and then be smoothly straightened. Execute two approaches.
- Lay down on a plain surface, relax all body. Turn the head sideways and try to touch an ear a floor, without turning the case and shoulders. Repeat for other ear.
- Lying on a mat, tighten knees to a breast and embrace them hands. Smoothly rock on a middle part of a back forward and back.
- Lying on a back, raise legs over a floor and execute exercise "scissors", crossing them at first in slow, and then on average speed.
- Strike an attitude "level", serially lift and lower at first one, and then other leg.
- Execute walking on the place with high lifting of a hip. You can complicate exercise, having stuffed up hands for the head and trying to reach knees opposite elbows. The same walking can be carried out in water.
We advise to get acquainted with a set of exercises for a back "crocodile".
What exercises cannot be done
The physical activity at diseases of vertebras is necessary, but not all exercises are useful to health of those who plan to strengthen a backbone. The following exercises belong to forbidden:
- press of weights legs. Provokes pinching of intervertebral nerves and at the wrong load distribution only promotes formation of hernias;
- the exercises which are carried out on equal legs. Strengthen the loading rendered on intervertebral disks, are fraught with outflow of liquid from disk rings;
- twisting. Become the reason of complications in the presence of hernias — shift disks from their natural places;
- power exercises with an additional weight. Break balance of a backbone, squeeze the injured disks.
Important! Classes run at hernia need to be given very moderately. The heavy jog traffics provoke the pulsing compression of vertebras, and pain in the field of hernia amplifies.
Recommendations of experts
There are subtleties of performance of exercises and certain principles to which it is necessary to adhere during passing of remedial gymnastics:
- Be engaged in comfortable nonskid footwear and free clothes that to a body it was comfortable.
- Control the health — carry out only those exercises which do not cause at you painful feelings.
- Even if within the first weeks of occupations the positive effect from gymnastics is absent, continue trainings. Recovery of a backbone — rather long process which demands patience.
- Stop or limit intake of analgetics. They block work of the nervous terminations, but give only temporary relief and cause dependence.
- You hold trainings on a hungry stomach not to feel weight and nausea.
- Avoid sharp movements, carry out exercises smoothly. It not only uberezhyot you from traumatizing, but also will increase efficiency of occupations.
Hernia of a backbone is a pathological change in fabrics of an intervertebral disk of which it is possible to get rid by performance of remedial gymnastics.
The gymnastics is calculated on long regular performance, its exercises are selected individually, taking into account health of the patient. Give to recovery physical education not less than fifteen minutes a day noticeably to improve the state.