The decorative stone is widely applied to internal and external works. It perfectly looks both on facades of houses, and as facing of columns or fireplaces. Such popularity of this material has become possible thanks to special characteristics of artificial stone, for example, of its water resistance and resistance to cold weather. When fastening decorative stone it is necessary to follow certain rules.
It is required to you
- - decorative stone in plates;
- - glue structure;
- - dowels;
- - palette;
- - rags;
- - capacity (bucket);
- - construction level;
- - armoring lattice from fiber glass.
1. Prepare the basis for laying of stone. It has to be dry, strong and firm. Remove from basis surface old paint, solution traces, dust, dirt, oil particles. If ambient temperature is higher than 30 degrees, before putting glue humidify the basis with water.
2. Prepare the gluing structure. In capacity fill in 5-7 pure l of room temperature. Pour out about two thirds of packing of glue in water and carefully mix.
3. Add residue of mix to solution and bring it to condition of homogeneous mass. Use for mixing electric drill with nozzle which can be made of wire. Several minutes keep the received mix, and then again mix. Use the prepared glue within three hours. The approximate consumption of glue will make 6 kg on square meter of surface of stone.
4. Apply glue with thin layer on back surface of stone flag, using the flat palette. Then again apply solution on plate in the form of small flat cakes. On edge of stone make side of glue structure.
5. Densely press plate with glue structure to the basis, level on construction level and record dowels.
6. Now put the reinforcing layer. It should be made in a day after gluing of plate. Glue solution for this purpose is prepared by the way described above. Cause structure with the smooth palette layer of 2 mm in the beginning, and then use the toothed palette. Drown armoring lattice in glue layer and smooth down the palette. The grid has to appear at depth equal to third of its thickness.
7. At work provide the required temperature condition. Temperature during work has to be in the range of +5... +35 degrees. When drying, glue solution has to be protected from hit of direct sunshine.
8. Right after gluing of decorative stone clean hands and capacity from the used glue.