Tsimbidium replace not more often than once for 3 years. At excessive growth of roots to plant it becomes close in pot, it ceases to develop. The procedure is carried out right after blossoming, at the same time tsimbidium it is possible to separate into several parts.
1. The plant is carefully taken from pot. At the expanded tsimbidium the old dry roots grow together with young people and turn into dense lump. In the lower part of pot roots of gray color are located, and young people green are from above at the surface of soil.
2. By means of clean knife it is necessary to separate the lower part of earth lump, at the same time it is necessary to try not to damage healthy young roots. The plant is cleaned from soil and separated into several parts which then will be replaced in separate pots.
3. It is necessary to leave one brown potatoes on 2-3 new green. Small amount old bulb is necessary for tsimbidium, in them useful nutrients collect and remain. The received parts wash out under water jet and attentively examine. Healthy roots shorten up to 10 cm. The separated plants leave on air that open surfaces have begun to live.
4. Tsimbidium replace in several small containers or use one wide pot for several plants. Soil mix is prepared from pieces of pine bark, wood charcoal, the rerotting peat, moss of sphagnum and the crushed fern roots. It is possible to buy ready substrate for land orchids.
5. Tsimbidium it is possible to place in standard plastic pot without additional openings, but for it it is necessary to create drainage by means of haydite, polyfoam or pebble. In the chosen pot there has to be enough place for development of root system of plant, at the same time it is necessary to avoid excessively spacious tanks.
6. Having arranged roots in pot, it is necessary to condense around them in advance moistened soil. At the same time it is impossible to bury pseudo-bulbs, it can cause their rotting. After change it is necessary to support constantly the soil in damp state, moderately watering plant and spraying it.
7. Even if at pseudo-bulb of tsimbidium there are no roots, they can be used further for reproduction. They are separated from plant and landed separately, however it is the best of all to put pseudo-bulbs on damp moss in the greenhouse and to water with spraying method until grow own roots. After that young tsimbidiuma are replaced in separate pots which put on pallet with pebble or ceramsite balls.
8. It is very important to maintain high air humidity and to periodically spray orchid leaves, at the same time it is necessary to watch that water did not get on flowers. Tsimbidium constantly demands fertilizer, during active growth of fertilizing combine with every third watering. In the middle of the summer increase potassium component and reduce nitrogen share, during blossoming fertilizers should not be introduced.