In order that your furniture served long, it is possible to sew on it special covers. By means of them you not only prolong life cycle of your sofa, but also will be able to change color and style of interior in case of repair. Enough will only be to replace covers - and furniture will change in new.
It is required to you
- Sewing machine
1. Before sewing covers on sofa, it is necessary to decide on amount of fabric for them. The easiest way to learn the area of the required fabric - to sew so-called draft covers from unnecessary fabric. For this purpose it is possible to use old sheets or normal cotton fabric. Further it is necessary to cut out the required parts directly on sofa, putting fabric to pillows and sidewalls of sofa.
2. Then the cut-out parts need to be swept away manually directly on sofa, adjusting them by the size, cutting off unnecessary. It is always simpler to cut off parts, than to lengthen therefore it is necessary to be very attentive at adjustment and to carefully measure all difficult places.
3. After draft covers are ready, they need to be unstitched accurately. Thus at you patterns of covers will be ready for your sofa.
4. Then it is necessary to choose fabric for covers ""on the clean copy"". For sofa covers it is better to use the dense, not too lasting fabric. If you have pets, then choose fabric with such texture that wool to it did not stick.
5. After covers are cut out, they need to be sewed on the machine. If covers are going to be removed often, then it is necessary to think over fastener. It is possible to sew lightning, and it is possible to make covers on buttons or ties.