Trend of the last years in confectionery business it is safely possible to call cakes from mastic. Their appearance bewitches, and gustatory qualities leave no chance for other desserts to become the main hit of a holiday. But also the cost of such delicacy very impresses. Therefore hostesses whenever possible seek to make independently on a celebration cake of mastic. Process this not idle time, but result is worth it.
It is required to you
- For a biscuit basis:
- 200 grams of a desi;
- 200 grams of icing sugar;
- 4 eggs;
- 300 grams of a top-grade flour.
- For the leveling cream:
- 200 grams of a desi;
- 150 grams of boiled condensed milk.
1. A cake basis under mastikuosnovy any cake under mastic there will be cake layers impregnated with cream. It is the best of all to prepare for this purpose a biscuit, it gentle and at the same time well holds a form. In advance soften oil at the room temperature and shake up with icing sugar. Add to the mass of egg and shake up everything to full sugar remelting. Add in the portions the flour sifted through a sieve, well mix everything. Bake cake layers until ready at 180 OS. If desired you can make a sand or honey basis. Consider that sugar mastic is afraid of humidity. Therefore the biscuits intended for covering don't need to be impregnated with syrup generously. Cream for a layer of cake layers also shouldn't be done very soft. As mastic rather heavy, and cakes with gentle and airy souffle won't be suitable for covering inside. Also mastic won't manage to be put on cream from whipped cream or yogurt. If you used such creams for a layer of cake layers, then outside cake will need to be covered with the special leveling cream. The similar combination of flavoring variations will add to a dessert savors.
2. Cream for alignment of a surface of cake For alignment of a surface of cake under mastic make, for example, cream of boiled condensed milk with oil. It is the simplest and widespread option of creation of an ideal surface of a dessert. Carefully mix the soft from boiledcondensed milk butter. This weight will allow to hide defects of a basis and to make cake smooth and beautiful. It is necessary to level a basis surface in three stages. At first miss the mark sides and top of cake with a thin layer of cream to smooth all main roughnesses. Put in the fridge before hardening of the first layer. Then miss the mark cake with the second layer of cream, thicker. At the same time try to make a surface of the most equal. Again remove cake in the fridge before hardening. The third stage of alignment the most responsible: heat a knife on fire of a plate and carry out by him on all surfaces of cake, doing them ideally equal. Last time remove cake in the fridge. After hardening it can be covered with mastic.
3. Mastic for a covering to a tortamastik produce by various methods. It is considered that the most plain and convenient dairy mastic in work. That to make it, take powdered milk, icing sugar and a condensed milk in equal quantities. Mix dry components in a deep bowl, add condensed milk and carefully knead. On consistence weight has to become as soft plasticine. Dairy mastic will have a yellowish shade, it is possible to tint it edible food colors. For obtaining brown color use cocoa powder, for red and pink – juice or syrups of cherry and raspberry, for green – a succus from spinach or salad, for brightly yellow – turmeric powder. It is possible to make mastic for cake of a marshmallow. For this purpose take airy marshmallows and icing sugar in the ratio 1 to 2. Water marshmallows in a deep bowl with a tablespoon of lemon juice then put in the microwave for 15 seconds. Marshmallows will become soft and will increase in volume. Add to it a half of the prepared icing sugar and mix. Gradually pour other powder in weight, carefully kneading. As a result at you the weight on consistences reminding plasticine has to turn out. Cool it in the fridge within half an hour, after that you can start covering of cake. It is also possible to cut out from this weight jewelry necessary to you, to mold volume figures. Consider that mastic quickly enough dries up therefore if you aren't ready at once yet to work with it, don't leave it on a table, put in a plastic bag or wrap up in food wrap. If mastic nevertheless dried up, warm up it in the microwave 2-3 seconds before work.
4. Stretching of cake mastic For stretching of cake mastic is desirable to have near at hand auxiliary tools. First of all, not to do you without rolling pin. Silicone will approach as usual wooden, so. Professional confectioners prefer to use silicone models with the turned handle, it is the most convenient to roll with them mastic layer. For expansion it is possible to take a silicone rug, but it isn't obligatory at all if you have a plain surface of a table. And here when stretching cake it will be difficult to do without confectionery iron. By means of this adaptation level mastic layer on cake. It is possible to press it fingers, but the result will be not such equal, besides you risk to leave the prints on a surface. Prepare a knife for mastic cutting. If you have a round pizza knife, it will facilitate your work, but it is possible to cost also usual kitchen. Before expansion powder a table with icing sugar that weight didn't stick. Lay out mastic on a table and roll with a rolling pin so that thickness of layer was 3–4 mm. Carefully take the sheet of mastic hands from below and put it on cake. If the surface turned out big, transfer layer to cake by means of a rolling pin. By means of the confectionery iron smooth the sheet of mastic so that it densely adjoined to a cake surface. It is necessary to begin the movement with top, smoothly passing to sides. At the same time you watch that under layer air bubbles weren't formed. In order to avoid it it is necessary to work with the iron on each side from top to down. Cut off surplus of mastic a round or usual knife, use the remains for creation of jewelry. Pay attention that mastic needs to be cut off in the area of a substrate. If you don't have it, cut off mastic on bottom edge of cake. Further cake can be decorated voluntarily. Usual balls from mastic or confectionery topping can be the simplest, but not less beautiful registration of cake. Cut out or mold figures from mastic and after hardening decorate with them your cake.