Very often we face such traditional European product as a chestnut. Let's understand what of them edible and how to prepare chestnuts in house conditions.
In this article we will consider what of them it is possible to eat, we will understand what there are dishes from chestnuts and will study their recipes in detail.
Edible fresh such nut is a fruit of a tree which belongs to family Beechen. A growth area — subtropics and midlatitudes of the Northern hemisphere.
Whether you know? The edible chestnut is a nut.
This plant on the Balkan Peninsula and in Greece is widespread. In the European countries the tradition is widespread to bake fruits of this tree on the Christmas's eve.
The French who are great admirers of these fruits — grow up a certain grade of the real (edible) nuts which are called kurgudona. In France they are considered as a national product to which the French devoted a separate holiday.
In the territory of Eastern Europe relative of this tree — a horse chestnut which fruits are not eaten as are poisonous is more widespread. The fruit of an edible grade can be distinguished easily from horse nut on a small point on a box tip, in it the cotyledon is concluded.
Now in our country it is possible to buy these nuts in any supermarket, but they are grown up in our area only in the decorative purposes. Edible chestnuts a rare product in our latitudes, the few know how to train them.
If to cut a fruit, it is possible to see that in it there is a dense nut of pale yellow color. The cultivated trees differ from wild in the fact that their fruits contain one big nutlet while in fruits at wild — several nutlets, but are less.
Important! It is necessary to mention that these fruits need to be stored in the cold place as at long storage nuts very quickly dry up, losing the glossy gloss.
The most popular dish of European cuisine are traditional fried chestnuts. Fruits need to be peeled previously and also from a membrane.
Further, in order that they did not explode when frying them it is necessary to cut cross-wise. After that lay out them on a frying pan and cover with wet towel wipes. Having closed a frying pan cover, let's fruits be fried thoroughly on coals about 25 minutes. Periodically stir slowly a dish, and change napkins in process of drying.
Give them with chocolate sauce and enjoy a traditional Christmas dish.
For whom a secret that an exotic chestnut diet on trend now as the problem of excess weight is very relevant.
It will be interesting to you to esteem about a food allowance of such stars as: Megane Fox, Cameron Diaz, Miley Cyrus, Jennifer Aniston, Vladimir Klitschko.
For preparation of cream soup in Portuguese take:
- 1 handful of edible chestnuts;
- 500 ml of any meat broth;
- 15 g of the sifted flour;
- 15 g of the kindled butter;
- ½ glasses of cream;
- 1 stalk of a celery;
- salt and pepper;
- Fill in fruits of chestnuts and the cut celery with broth and you extinguish half an hour under a cover on slow fire.
- By means of the blender make of cream soup.
- Fry flour in butter and add to puree. Bring to boiling, salt and pepper.
- Add warm milk and once again bring to boiling.
- On a table give with toasts.
With fried chestnuts it is necessary for preparation of oatmeal cookies:
- 55 g of oat flakes;
- 50 g of chestnuts;
- 70 g of flour;
- 2 tablespoons of yogurt;
- ½ tablespoons of vegetable oil;
- 2 tablespoons of water;
- 30 g of icing sugar;
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder;
- Roast these nuts according to the standard recipe.
- Crush them in flour by means of the coffee grinder or a mortar (the structure of cookies depends on it).
- Sift flour connect to oat flakes, salt, baking powder and soda. Add chestnuts which you crushed. Carefully mix the received mix.
- In the center of mix make deepening to which add vegetable oil and water. Mix.
- Add yogurt and form a lump of the test.
- Make flat cakes of the test, lay out on a baking sheet (with baking paper and vegetable oil). Bake at 180 ° 10 minutes in in advance warmed oven.
- Turn cookies and bake 5 more minutes.
For preparation of mutton in Macedonian take:
- 550 g of mutton;
- 320 g of chestnuts;
- 2 bulbs;
- 60 g of melted butter;
- 15 g of the sifted flour;
- Wash nuts, cut and you cook 40 minutes under a cover.
- Merge water, fill in cold and let's fruits cool down. Then peel boiled chestnuts and knead.
- Warm oil in a pan with a thick
- Cut mutton small pieces, put in a pan and fry before formation of a crust.
- Add the onions which are a little cut small, fry. Then pour flour and add a half-glass of water. Mix and with the closed cover you extinguish about 10 minutes.
- Add the turned-out garnish to meat, salt and pepper to taste, remove from fire. Serve the dish with parsley and other greens.
Pork with chestnuts and a fig.
For this dish it is required:
- 500 g of pork fillet;
- 250 ml of white table wine;
- 250 ml of meat broth;
- 2 garlic teeth;
- 1 bulb;
- ½ oranges (dried peel);
- 5 pieces of a fig.
- Cut pork on pieces in the portions. Pickle in white wine, having added salt, pepper, the crushed garlic. Pickle for night.
- Fry meat with onions. Add marinade and broth. You extinguish about an hour.
- Remove a dried peel from a half of orange, put to meat, add chestnuts and a fig. You extinguish about a quarter more of hour.
Chestnuts in a cheese crust.
For preparation of this dish take:
- 10-20 pieces of chestnuts
- 15 g crackers from white loaf
- 30 hard cheeses
- Black pepper
- 1 egg
- Boil fruits of 7 minutes then with even hot remove a firm peel and a membrane.
- Shake up egg with a salt pinch. Separately in a plate make mix of breadcrumbs, black pepper and grated cheese.
- We puncture boiled chestnuts with a toothpick, we dip in egg and we bread in the prepared cheese mix.
- We put on a baking sheet, previously having laid it paper for baking, on 180 °C. We bake within 15 minutes to a golden crust.
Useful properties of this edible nut are very different.
Whether you know? As well as all nuts, they are very high-calorie and surpass almost all products of plant origin in this indicator.
Important difference from, for example, walnuts, peanut, cashew, almonds and a filbert, is that these fruits contain much less fats.
From useful substances in it allocate — cellulose, mineral substances, sugar, starch, vitamin A, vitamin C, group B vitamins and also natural enzymes of plant origin.
Not quite ripe fruits contain many vitamins C while ripe are rich in vitamin K. Unlike fats which in chestnuts of only 5%, carbohydrates contain in a large number (more than 60%).
Important! About 180 kcal are the share of 100 g of nuts.
Fried they are even more kaloriyna, are the most important component of a vegetarian diet. Also they are allowed people who follow a diet on a blood type. Useful properties foliage and other parts of a tree which contain many pectins, glycosides and also tannins also has, and they have wound healing properties.
We examined preparation of these unusual edible fruits of the house. European cuisine widely uses chestnuts which recipes of dishes are available to preparation and to the nonprofessional.
Chestnuts in a frying pan - the tasty autumn recipe.