Good idea of interior of the room can be got, having constructed its image by rules of prospect. It is necessary to know these rules irrespective of, you draw the plan of interior on the sheet of paper manually or you use the computer program.
1. For determination of scale of the room take the sizes of figure of the person of average height as basis. Will conveniently compare them to the sizes of windows, doors, home decoration.
2. Write down parameters of the room which prospect you will do on the sheet of paper. It is height, length, width of the room and also the sizes of window, door, windowsill height, their distance from room corners.
3. Take the sheet A3 and draw on it rectangle (future image of opposite wall), previously having calculated scale. For example, you can provide 1 m of real space to 10 cm on paper.
4. Plan the line of the horizon. Take into account that artists do not recommend to halve rectangle since the image will seem unnatural. The easiest to provide the average growth of the person in scale and to note horizontal line distance from the lower line of rectangle to the level of eyes of the person in scale.
5. Plan descent point for lines of the horizon. It can be anywhere, but it is desirable not to do it in the center of the image too.
6. Choose distance from which the imagined viewer will consider interior. Usually it is accepted to equal two diagonals of the image of rectangle. From point of descent carry out perpendicular down to the horizon. Its length is equal to the viewer's distance from the image rectangle. Note this distance point.
7. From this point carry out two beams at an angle of 45 degrees from the vertical line. Note points of intersection of beams with the line of the horizon. They are outside rectangle. By means of these points you in the future will be able to plan various home decoration, parquet, carpet ornaments, etc.
8. To designate walls, ceiling and half of the room, from descent point through corners of rectangle carry out diagonals. Room depth according to scale can be measured approximately since the sizes in this case are distorted by prospect.
9. Having noted the points designating the region of the room, closest to you, draw from them horizontal and vertical lines. At you the rectangle, bigger by the size, will turn out.
10. Now you need to make large-scale grid on floor. It will facilitate creation of windows, niches, home decoration in scale subsequently and will help to arrange correctly them in space.
11. Separate the basis (bottom) of big rectangle into several equal parts. It is convenient to use division into meters. For example, if length of the room is equal to 5 meters, so divide into 5. Then from points of division draw lines to one of points on the line of the horizon which you have noted earlier (they outside the image of the room). With diagonal – depth of the room put the end to crossing of these meeting lines. From these points draw the horizontal lines parallel to the bases of your rectangles.
12. Separate the basis (bottom) of big rectangle into several parts which sizes correspond to width of your room in scale. For example, if its length is equal to 4 m, divide into 4 parts. From these points draw the lines meeting in descent point. As a result at you the grid on future floor of the image of the room has to turn out. Using this grid, you will be able correctly to arrange window and all pieces of furniture in space.
13. Drawing some piece of furniture (for example, rectangular table), you represent two lines of rectangle parallel to the horizon. The line, closest to you, has to correspond to the table size in scale. From points of piece draw lines to descent point. It will be two other parties of table. Build depth of the image, using additional point on the line of the horizon.
14. If any objects in your room round or oval, conclude them in rectangle length equal to diameter, and place it in space, according to rules of prospect, and then round corners.
15. To represent the piece of furniture standing at an angle in the room, change location of point of descent (but it all the same has to remain on the line of the horizon).