One of important points which needs to pay more attention in order that your Shar-Pei always was in good shape it is food. For this reason it is necessary to feed a puppy with high-quality and well balanced forage. Food of the growing Shar-Pei has to contain about 30 percent of protein and 20 percent of fat.
1. Many dog breeders advise to use ready forages of famous brands. This food will be much better for your puppy, than any other, prepared by you, even with use of the most quality products. Choose forages which do not contain preservatives, artificial fillers, dyes and soy as their existence in food of a dog can cause serious problems with wool. The forages containing meat of a chicken, turkey, lamb or salmon are suitable for a puppy of a Shar-Pei.
2. Give to a puppy only that forage at which he well eats, has a normal chair, a healthy hair and appropriate weight. Pay attention that ready forages a premium and a super premium incorporate necessary minerals and vitamins which provide the normal growth and development of a dog.
3. Pick up amount of food. In this case be guided by the standard daily rate specified by the producer. The puppy of a Shar-Pei needs to be fed 4-6 times a day. The adult dog has to eat 2 times a day therefore gradually within one year reduce the number of feedings. Do not forget that the dog always has to have in a bowl clear water.
4. You feed a puppy only after walk. If the Shar-Pei refuses food, it is not necessary to change it for more tasty, just remove a bowl before the following feeding. The bowl of a puppy has to be at the level of his breast therefore it is necessary to establish it on a support. For half an hour before feeding soak a forage in warm boiled water.
5. If all of you decided to feed a puppy with natural products, it is possible to use the following recipe. In three teaspoons of vegetable oil fry small cut carrots and onions. Add water and fill up with rice or buckwheat, you cook within five minutes, Remove from fire and leave for about thirty minutes. Add crude low-fat meat to ready porridge. In the course of cooking it is also possible to add vegetables, for example, squash, pumpkin or a cauliflower. The puppy when feeding can give kefir and low-fat cottage cheese. Do not forget to add necessary vitamins and minerals to food, it is possible to get them in any pet-shop.