All young parents know how many things need to be got in order that the kid felt comfortable and comfortably. If some things cannot be made manually, then some, on the contrary, will be pleasing to your eye much more if you make them independently, but do not buy in shop – for example, a soft bumper for a crib. It is simple to sew it, it will look exactly as you want, and you will not be limited to the choice presented in shop.
1. Get five meters of fabric 110-150 cm wide of a suitable coloring and 2 meters of foam rubber 150 cm wide and 1 cm thick. Select fabric for a bumper from natural materials – calico, coarse calico, any cotton, batiste and similar materials will approach. Wash fabric that it did not shrink subsequently.
2. Draw a bumper pattern on fabric, previously having measured a bed, then sew details, without sewing up one edge for a foam rubber insert. In the course of sewing together of details sew in them in advance prepared decorative frill from a tape.
3. Mark foam rubber on pieces of the necessary size which have to be on half-centimeter less, than your fabric details. Insert foam details into a fabric cover, and then sew up a bumper bottom on the machine or on hands.
4. Sew to outer sides of a bumper of a ribbon, having noted those places which have to be then are tied to a bed. It is usually enough to make ties on corners of a bumper and in the middle of its cross parties.
5. Instead of foam rubber you can use for filling of a bumper sintepon – it thinner and softer than foam rubber and it is more convenient for many in processing. Also you can find in some sewing shops ready color coarse calico with the quilted sintepon pristrochenny to its inner side – in this case it is enough to you to take two layers of such coarse calico and to make of it sides for a bed, without using additional filler.