Tasty plum jam stuffings for home-made pies will be useful for a tea drinking and also. For cooking use any plums - large and small, sweet or sour. Depending on a grade, jam will have different flavoring nuances.
It is required to you
- Plums jam with stones:
- - 1 kg of small plums;
- - 6 glasses of sugar;
- - 4.5 glasses of water.
- Plum jam without stones on honey:
- - 1 kg of plums;
- - 3 glasses of honey;
- - 2 glasses of sugar;
- - 3 glasses of water.
1. Plums jam about kostochkamislivovy stones will give to jam special, very pleasant smack. Touch plums, tear off fruit stems. Wash out fruit in several waters, and then dry, having scattered on a towel.
2. Fill in sugar with water and warm up, stirring slowly, before full dissolution of crystals. Pin plums for the best treatment, lay out in a basin, and then fill in fruits with a hot sugar syrup. Leave plums to infuse 3-4 hours.
3. Put a basin with jam on a plate, bring mix to the boil. Remove capacity from a plate and leave for 10-12 hours. Repeat the procedure of cooking and storage 1-2 more times. Last time bring jam to the boil and you cook until syrup begins to last an equal thin thread. The drop of such jam lowered on a cold saucer keeps a form and doesn't spread.
4. Pour a ready-made product on the sterilized banks and cover with a gauze. Let's jam cool down, and then cork and remove on storage.
5. Plum jam without stones on medusliva without stones will be suitable for decoration of cakes or a stuffing for sweet pies. Large fruits can be cut on segments, and small to divide into halves.
6. Wash up and dry plums. Remove stones, pin fruits. Mix sugar and honey, pour in water and, stirring slowly, you cook mix before light solidification and total homogeneity. Fill in plums with hot syrup for 3 hours and leave to cool down and become impregnated. Then put the container with jam on a plate and warm up, without bringing to the boil. Remove a basin or a pan from fire and leave jam to infuse for 10 hours. Repeat the procedure once again.
7. Put the container with jam on a plate and you cook mix until thick. You watch that the product didn't burn - jam will gain unpleasant smack. Leave ready jam before full cooling. A spoon spread out fruits on the sterilized banks, then fill in them with syrup and close covers. You store jam in the cool place.
8. Candied fruits сливовыеИз home-made jam can be prepared tasty candied fruits. They are given to tea or used for decoration of confectionery. Take fruits from jam and put them in a colander that syrup completely flew down. In a plate pour out icing sugar and each plum well roll in in it. Spread out candied fruits on a lattice for drying. Finished products have to become elastic, but not dry. It is possible to store them in paper packets or glass jars.