The problem of "the new person", more precisely, than his disagreement with society, was updated in literature in the 19th century and traced in works of many writers up to the end of the century of XX. The new person of the 19th century is an educated intellectual, the nihilist, the supporter of social progress, personal freedom and equality. To the person of old way, the conservative, such ideas at that time seemed alien, from here and there was the main conflict of time – misunderstanding of fathers and children.
It is required to you
- Roman I.S. Turgeneva "Fathers and children".
1. Roman I.S. Turgenev "Fathers and children" was displayed by the social and political conflict of the nobility and commoners – children of education and progress. The main character of the novel – Evgeny Bazarov, the person with surprisingly integral character, deep mind and the settled beliefs, excellent from conservative. He denies everything: art, music, esthetics and verses. His belief is based on science, the living arrangement is explained by science. Bazarov – an embodiment of democrats, accepting only what is useful for it, not recognizing authorities and the thought-up earlier conservative principles. Bazarovsky indifference to romanticism and love shows how the era of "Education" forces out ordinary way of "Romanticism".
2. Pavel Petrovich – the liberal nobleman who is believing in the principles and considering that without the principles there live only immoral and futile persons is opposed to Evgeny Bazarov. Pavel Petrovich Kirsanov is a supporter of art, the fan of the nature and romanticism. He is irritated by Bazarov because their views are opposite. Bazarov and Kirsanov's infinite disputes open the main contradictions of eras.
3. In spite of the fact that Arkady Kirsanov is Evgeny Bazarov's age-mate, it can safely be carried to generation of "fathers". This young man also got a good education and education, however, in traditional spirit. In Arkady there is a fight: in Bazarov's nihilism he sees opportunities, freedom, independence, the right to impudence. All this is combined with traditional way of the personality, with love for culture and art, honoring of the parental authority.
4. In turn, Evgeny Bazarov treats coldly the parental authority. The severe nihilist is sure that manifestation of feelings – aristocratic spinelessness. Bazarova – seniors, seeing indifference of the son, are forced to hide the feelings not to frighten off the son who already comes home seldom. In Kirsanov' house, for comparison, on the contrary, it is accepted to speak about the feelings openly. However and here it is possible to say that the main conflict also takes place in Bazarov's head. It is the nihilism conflict in his head and love in his heart. Deviating from a subject of parents, it is enough to remember its attitude towards peasants. Let him also carry on very haughty talk with them, however in general he sees and, moreover, sympathizes with the people, loves his love the revolutionary who mourns about a lack of knowledge of the hammered human masses.
5. The conflict of fathers and children is shown throughout all novel, however it does not come to an outcome. Considering opposition from outside, Turgenev gives an opportunity to future generations to understand it independently.