Fear for the life when developing a disease is natural state of the person. In some cases this feeling becomes too exaggerated. Experts call such abnormal behavior the term "aggravation". This illness can concern everyone therefore it is important to understand, what is it, to understand the causes.
What is aggravation?
The exaggeration of danger from symptoms of a disease defines an essence of this phenomenon. Aggravation is a disease of the psychological plan. Pain exists really, but it is perceived subjectively. Each person feels it in own way: someone is capable to suffer even strong, and others from the slightest scratch faint. When there is a story about a pain syndrome listening can not apprehend it as the suffering reason. The patient subconsciously enhances effect of pain.
Distinguish the following causes of aggravation:
- Predisposition of traits of character of isteroidny type.
- Noticeable defect of appearance to which people around pay attention.
- Senile dementia which is expressed in marasmus.
- The mentality trauma causing a recurrence in the form of neurosises of varying severity.
- Excessive guardianship of close people.
- The love for reading medical special literature causes exaggeration of symptoms.
- Violation of medical ethics from doctors and the treating personnel.
Behavior aberration, pointing to pathology, exist here, as well as at any disease. Aggravation – what is it it is possible to understand, having found certain symptoms:
- The number of complaints increases. The patient says that his health worsened. He can have a real disease, but the exaggerated fear for life already seized it.
- Visits to the doctor become more frequent. Communication with doctors becomes end in itself.
- Recommendations about a course of treatment are ignored. For contact continuation the recovery deliberately drags on.
- The patient can specially do himself harm that process of interaction with doctors continued.
- Sick aggravation demands for himself the increased care, seeks to be the focus of attention for discussion of the imaginary problems with health.
- In the speech typical turns about possible death are observed.
- The behavior and mimicry have a compassionate appearance.
Aggravation – examples
The behavior at aggravation is characterized by exaggeration of pain. There are typical examples such:
- Symptom of Lasega. Arises when in a prone position the patient raises both legs. Jamming of backs of nerves in sciatic department can cause not considerable pain which the person perceives as big.
- Aggravation at epilepsy. The involuntary repeating movements seem and described as asymmetric. The disease background which is not corresponding to valid is created. Medicines which strengthen exaggeration of a disease are appointed.
- Prerequisites because of a neuropsychology. Normal physiological work of impulses of nervous system is perceived as a pain syndrome.
Simulation and aggravation – differences
In consciousness of the patient typical mental sets prevail. Among them there are an aggravation and simulation. The main differences at these conditions of mentality consist in the following:
- absence at simulation of real symptoms of a disease;
- existence in actions of the simulator of mercenary intention;
- preliminary planning of the actions;
- presence of care of the health;
- selectivity of the choice of simulyatsionny symptoms.
Types of aggravation
The disease is subdivided into such types:
Deliberate aggravation implies obtaining concrete benefits for itself as a result of exaggeration of symptoms of a disease. The subconscious form of a disease arises when the patient lacks attention and care from relatives. He involuntarily begins "to exaggerate" to receive more warmth of people around. Pathology occurs in mentally sick.
The deliberate form of a disease has two more appearance: active and passive. They differ with degree of activity of the patient. The passive type of a disease is characteristic the fact that the patient only complains of the exaggerated symptoms, without taking any actions and without interfering with treatment. Active aggravation is noted by effective participation of the patient during treatment process. It does efforts to stop or slow down it.
Aggravation of mental disorders
It is the certain area of an imaginary disease relating rather to simulation. Meets in forensic-psychiatric medicine. Aggravation in psychology sets as the purpose to deceive the commission of psychiatrists. A characteristic example – Poro's metasimulation: complaints to symptoms which already passed, but returned and repeat. Three types of such frustration meet:
- Metaggravation. Connected with a sharp phase of a disease. The patient makes attempts to prolong this period of a disease.
- Superaggravation. Complaints to symptoms which do not arise at the stated disease.
- Dissimulation. Action, opposite on behavior of the patient, – hiding of symptoms and the disease. The patient can represent other disease.
The complexity of the procedure consists in real presence of a disease. Analyses confirm it. Only the consultation of experienced experts can define elements of aggravation. Process of diagnostics is carried out on the following signs:
- discrepancy between addresses of the patient with complaints and visible manifestation of symptoms;
- presence at symptomatology of a disease of those manifestations which cannot be imitated;
- inadequate reaction to treatment process;
- tendency of the patient to mental disorders, affectation of behavior.
It is necessary to begin with elimination of a source of the exaggerated symptoms – diseases. Finding out that it is aggravation, it is important to remember that this mental disease at a real-life main illness. The medicamentous method of treatment is mainly applied at treatment of a disease of a body or removal of epileptic spasms: "Carbamazepine", Vigabatrin, Tiagabin, Fenitoin, Okskarbazepin.
Main stages of treatment:
- Treatment of the main disease.
- Deep diagnostics of an organism of the patient in general regarding detection of the reasons of aggravation or simulation.
- Choice of a psychotherapeutic method of treatment: hypnotherapy, game or rational therapy, autogenic training.
- Psychological treatment depending on the chosen technique.