Now the content management system of Joomla is one of the most flexible and functional. For creation of the websites the great number of web masters use it. Before commissioning any website requires a certain setup and testing. Testings are also required by the added or changeable functionality. Therefore it makes sense to install joomla on a local host right after making decision on development of the website on the basis of this CMS.
It is required to you
- The installed and configured HTTP server with the module providing execution of scripts in the PHP language. The installed and configured MySQL DBMS. The MySQL DBMS client program, or the installed phpMyAdmin package. PHP interpreter. Modern browser. Internet access.
1. Load archive of the Joomla distribution kit. Open the address http://www.joomla.org/download.html in the browser. Select a distribution kit of one of the lines of a product presented on the page. Click the link for downloading of a distribution kit. Save archive with files of Joomla on a disk of the computer.
2. Unpack the Joomla distribution kit in the temporary folder. Use the program unpacker, or functions of the file manager. One of free of charge distributed programs which it is possible to unpack the Joomla distribution kit is 7-Zip. This program can be loaded on the website 7-zip.org.
3. Create a new virtual host on the local Web server. Edit configuration files, or use the graphic equipment for creation of a new website. If it is necessary, restart the server.
4. Add file recording of hosts for permission of a name of the created host on the local machine. The hosts file is in directory/ets in Linux-like systems and in the C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\ в Windows directory. Specify value 127.0.0.1 as the IP address of a host.
5. Copy files of the Joomla distribution kit in the directory which is root for the host created on a step 3. For the Apache server this directory is specified as value of the DocumentRoot parameter in configuration files.
6. Create MySQL the database for Joomla. Use client programs for administration of MySQL, such as mysql, MySQL Control Center, MySQL Workbench, or phpMyAdmin package. If it is necessary, create the certain user for the Joomla database.
7. Install Joomla on a local host. Open in the browser the address of a view http://<domain> where as a marker <domain> enter a symbolical name of host created on a step 3. In the browser to be displayed the first page of the Joomla installation wizard. Select language of installation and click ""Further"". Check also information on the made tests and again click ""Further"". Having studied the license, click ""Further"" once again. On the fourth step of installation enter credentials for access to the MySQL database, click ""Further"". If the Joomla installation is made in the Linux-like system, on the fifth step enter data for access on FTP that the script of installation could change the rights for some files. If installation is conducted in Windows, just select the option ""No"". Click ""Further"". Enter the name of the website, EMail and the admin password. Again click the Further button.
8. Complete the Joomla installation. Delete the folder with the name installation from the root directory of the website. Click ""Admin"" on the last open page to enter the admin panel of the website.