If the system of your computer clean, i.e. is absent at present any operating system, then the Windows installation will need to be done from under the command line of MS-DOS. At the same time it is necessary to execute a number of preparatory measures in the beginning, and after it to start direct start of setup.
It is required to you
- - compact disk with Windows OS.
1. Make sure that the equipment of the computer is compatible to the Windows operating system. The hardware compatibility list can be recognized by the link http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hcl/default.mspx, here subsequently it will be possible to download necessary drivers.
2. Create the section which will need to be formatted in the FAT32 or FAT file system on the hard drive. If on your computer there is no MS-DOS operating system or you cannot start the command line, then it will be necessary to make also boot floppy disk.
3. Insert a compact disk with Windows OS into the disk drive of your computer. Load the PC in the mode of the command line through the Loading menu. Start the SMARTDrive program. For this purpose in the command line of MS-DOS enter smartdrv and key input. If not to use this application, then setup will carry out copying of files very slowly.
4. Specify the name of a disk which corresponds to the disk drive with Windows OS compact disk in the command line of MS-DOS. Key input, the field of what enter CD i386 command and the winnt command, having clicked Enter after everyone. Start of setup will result.
5. Enter path to installation files of the operating system in the command line and key input. Copying of files on the hard drive will begin. Upon termination of this process the corresponding message will appear, after that remove all floppy disks and click Enter. that it was rebooted.
6. Wait for reset and key input to continue the Windows OS installation from under MS-DOS. Format the hard drive and break into sections if necessary. After that it will once again be rebooted, and installation will be resumed in the mode of the graphic interface. Proceed instructions of the installation wizard for completion of the procedure.