The thermal imager is the device registering thermal radiation and transforming it to the format acceptable for human eye. With its help it is possible to find possible malfunctions in operation of devices, to watch changes on any site. Correctly to be guided in the assortment of models of thermal imagers provided in shops you need to know the following parameters.
1. One of the most important characteristics of the thermal imager is its thermosensitivity or error at temperature change in two different points. What will be this parameter less, especially the qualitative and authentic image will remove the device. The thermal imager having sensitivity in 0.025 - 0.05 degrees Celsius will allow to distinguish all objects which are at identical temperature. However even at lower thermosensitivity, the device displays thermal trace of the person on any surface.
2. Besides thermosensitivity of the device, the quality of the image is affected also by the detector IK size. For example, the thermal imager with the resolution of matrix of 160х120 will output the picture consisting of 19200 values of temperature. Therefore the more there will be matrix size, the it is simpler to reveal temperature anomalies.
3. The following characteristic of the thermal imager is range of the taken temperatures. In this case it is necessary to be guided by with what extents of heating you work. For example, if you serve electric motors, then the thermal imager with range of 40 … +500 °C will perfectly cope with objective.
4. After that pay attention to the modes of display of information on the device screen: - the Full IR mode outputs the full-screen infrared image that will allow to reveal the most small parts; - the Picture-in-Picture mode will allow you to create special "window" about IK the image surrounded with the normal photographic image. By means of such mode it is much simpler to identify necessary object; - automatic merge is intended for conjoint display visible and IK of the image on one screen. In options you can independently adjust merge ratio. This mode allows to detail the picture, to allocate the problem site; - IR/Visible Alarm – displays only those sites which temperature is higher than the limit set by the user; - Full Visible Light is the digital picture received as when using the normal camera.
5. One more important criterion is availability of additional functions. They will allow you to expand device range of application considerably. For example, function of approach (zoom) is used for studying remote objects at distance. Some most modern devices can record video in IK the image.