The small bathroom can become more spacious. Replace bulky bathtub with shower cabin, choose suitable compact furniture, think over lighting and, of course, correctly pick up finishing tile.
1. Choose color gamma of future bathroom. It is better to make out the small room in light tones, avoiding sharp contrasts and abundance of bright accents. That the interior did not look boringly, it is possible to combine shades. You should not follow templates, spreading dark tile the lower part of wall, top – light, separating this composition border. Such design will visually narrow the room and will make ceiling lower.
2. Try other option - lay out walls tile of different shade. It is possible to combine pistachio and lavender, pink and beige colors. On floor get tile of the same tone. Give preference to materials with glossy surface – they will reflect light and to increase space.
3. Replace part of ceramic tile mirror. It can be laid out equal rectangle, to revet all wall or only its part, to issue in the form of dot "impregnations". If you like tile with the drawing, choose not striking small motives and arrange the drawing in the form of border. The big tiled "pictures" occupying half-walls will not be suitable for the small bathroom.
4. It is very fresh and is not banal the mosaic tile looks. It is possible to revet with it space about sink or cranes, to lay out the decorative island of irregular shape on the wall opposite to door. Such applique very much will recover interior. Choose mosaic of not striking difficult tones – shades of rust, bottle glass, ochre, old gold, chocolate and bezh. This gamma is perfectly combined with light pastel of walls.
5. Pay attention to the size. Large tiles will not be suitable for the small bathroom. But the tile of 20 by 30 centimeters in size will look quite harmoniously also less. If you have low ceilings, choose vertical tiles – they "will a little extend" the room in height. And here the square or laid across tile will make the bathroom slightly more widely. Having laid floor tile on diagonal, you will a little increase the room too.