Facing of the furnace ceramic tile not only changes its exterior, but also significantly increases such major characteristic as heat emission. Absolutely easy after that is also care for the furnace. Soot traces which are inevitable at operation of any furnace clean up from smooth surface of tile damp rag for several seconds.
- - ceramic tile;
- - thermoglue for tile (Plitonit-SuperKamin, "Skanfixsuper" and so forth);
- - tool for stucco work (trowel, palettes, kirochka and so forth);
- - cement;
- - sand;
- - metal brush;
- - grid "chain-link" or soft wire of Ø1-2 of mm;
- - electric drill;
- - pobeditovy drills.
1. Clean the furnace from clay or cement plaster to the basis. This work needs to be performed carefully, on surface of bricks there should not be clay or cement slurry. Remove clay from seams on depth to 5-10 mm. It is convenient to carry out cleaning of the furnace metal brush or the abrasive wheel established on "Bulgarian".
2. Fix the mesh metal gauze on the furnace. For this purpose hammer into seams between bricks nails so that their hats towered over surface on 10-12 mm. It is possible to drill openings in body of bricks and to wrap in them screws or self-tapping screws which diameter is a little more than diameter of openings. Attach to nails or screws grid "chain-link". If it is absent, cast over nails wire in the form of grid with sizes of cell of 50-60 mm.
3. Plaster the surface of the furnace sand-cement slurry or thermoglue. In the first case use ratio of components 1:2.5 or 1:3 (cement: sand). The grade of cement has to be not below M400. Sand should not contain clay and other impurity, it is the best of all to use clean river. At use of thermoglue as plaster mix it is necessary to use it according to the instruction, fulfilling all its requirements for thickness of layers. Depending on grade of glue, preliminary primer of seams and multilayered putting plaster with breaks between overlaying of layers can be necessary. Plaster has to hide mesh reinforcement. The surface of the furnace after plastering has to be plain, its corners – vertical.
4. Fix on furnace wall the directing wooden rail so that its top edge was from floor at the distance which is not exceeding tile width. Check level its horizontal position. Assignment of rail is in providing horizontal position of ranks. If to begin laying directly from floor, in case of its roughness all ranks will turn out also uneven.
5. Prepare thermoglue. Pour out mix in the prepared capacity, add the required amount of water and well stir. The exact procedure of preparation of glue, time of maintaining of working qualities by it and so forth are specified in the instruction. It is necessary to prepare no more than that quantity which you will be able to use before he loses plasticity. Some thermoglues demand preliminary drawing on plaster of primers.
6. Begin laying of tile from "visible" corner of the furnace with the second row from below (from rail guide). The laying is conducted at the same time up and aside. You apply glue wide flat with spatula, it is better to level toothed. Thickness of putting glue is regulated by the instruction. For maintenance of identical gap between ranks it is possible to use remote crosses, without having forgotten to remove them before finish of seams. After facing of all surface carefully remove the directing rail and lay the lower number of tile, carrying out if necessary its cutting.
7. The finish of seams is carried out after a while, it has to be specified in the instruction to thermoglue. Sometimes before finish it is required to heat several times the furnace, without warming up it to high temperatures. Most often for finish the same glue which was applied to gluing of tile is used. It is convenient to fill seams with the rubber palette, thanks to its flexibility. Surplus of finish is removed from tile damp rag.