Seeds of some flowers and vegetables have quite dense cover therefore ascend hardly. To achieve good amicable shoots, it is necessary to wet before crops them in water or biologically active solution.
It is required to you
- - seeds;
- - capacity for soaking;
- - gauze;
- - water.
1. It is not necessary to ret only very small seeds as it can represent some technical complexity: seeds of petunia, poppy, garden wild strawberry can be sowed to the soil at once. For the best viability they are displayed on surface, condense soil with palms and sprayed from spray. Then crops cover with film, put to the warm place and wait for shoots.
2. Seeds of cultures having dense cover need to be retted previously. Beet, spinach, watermelons, tomatoes, pepper, cucumbers and also plants, whose seeds belong to such plants are rich with the essential oils complicating germination. These are carrots, celery, parsley, parsnip and others. When soaking the part of essential oils is washed away from cover and plants ascend better. Soaking is used also if it is necessary to seed the old overdried seeds – in this case it is possible to wait for enough good indicators of viability.
3. Process is quite simple: on damp gauze display seeds, cover from above with the second layer of gauze and fill in with water (30-35os). In addition, it is possible to use biologically active infusions. Solution has to be weak not to damage seeds. For this purpose it is possible to use water infusion of pharmaceutical camomile, valerian medicinal, infusion of bark of the oak rewandering mullein, aloe (on 0.5 l of water it is necessary to take 20 g of active agent)
4. It is better to use combined method: at first for 15-30 minutes to wet seeds in weak biosolution, then for day – in water. After that water needs to be drained, to scatter seeds on plain surface, to dry to flowability. Before crops to mix seeds with fine bank sand. In this case crops will turn out uniform, will not demand thinning (this method is recommended for rather small seeds of carrots, fennel, beet).
5. For some cultures subject to viral diseases (tomatoes, pepper, cucumbers), it is desirable to apply warming up and etchback. For this purpose before soaking the seeds submerge in hot water for 15-20 minutes, and then lower in dark pink solution of margantsovokisly potassium for 10-15 minutes. After this time the seeds should be washed out in flowing water and to wet in the normal way in water.
6. Important factor – condition of the soil at crops. Grooves before seeding of seeds need to be spilled water for creation of favorable microclimate. Subsequently before emergence of shoots it is necessary to do it daily if there is droughty weather.