Regression – the widespread term in such fields of science as psychology, psychiatry, mathematics, economy and reflecting processes of the return movement or development. The esoterics and popular psychology use regression methods for a travel on antecedents or the embodiments.
Regression in psychology
The small child, accumulating experience of interaction with the world around and other people, investigates communications and reactions in response to the actions and manipulations – so are fixed the certain patterns of behavior helping the child to receive the desirable, or not to be punished for some offense. Regression – the protection mechanism used by the person already being, in an adult state, at the time of alarm or frustration with which he cannot cope and sinks down on earlier, unripe reactions of behavior characteristic of the small child.
Examples of regression:
- at emergence in family of one more child – the senior, as a result of jealousy in every possible way tries to return to himself attention (he too still small or helpless, complains, is capricious);
- care in a disease - manipulation of close people;
- jamming of problems (reminiscence when the crying child is given candy instead of understanding the reasons of crying and to help the child to cope with the arisen problem).
The regressive psychology studies mental processes of emergence of conditions of regress. Return to children's reactions is characteristic of all people and is explained by the fact that at the unconscious level there is an experience of the fact that the child is punished less or if to apply emotional blackmail: to begin to cry, take offense, to go into a hysterics – it is possible to receive the desirable. Such interdisciplinary sciences as psychiatry and psychology use regressive technicians for return of the person to the last injuring events to erase a trauma or to rewrite the vital scenario.
Regression in antecedents – a popular method of self-knowledge among the people who are engaged in self-development, practicing yoga and fond of Hinduism. The science denies what unconscious the person stores information on the last embodiments and does not admit the fact of reincarnation. Regressive hypnosis the changed condition of mental processes during which gipnolog can inspire in the person anything, for example, that it:
- in other time;
- on the unknown planet;
- makes any actions.
Regressive hypnosis unlike regressions in antecedents, is method of impact on the person, with a research objective of his past, for a solution or disposal of fear which reasons are not realized and have roots in the past of the patient, is more often in the childhood. Skilled gipnoterapevt has to own methods of regressive therapy, 80% of work of a gipnolog are connected with regression in the past.
For the ordinary person the regressing represents something unreal and fantastic, but the science explains it more prosy and process is closely connected with psychophysiological properties of a human body. Regressive hypnosis – a condition of consciousness at which it stays in a trance and the trance is a habitual phenomenon for the person, in it it stays several times during the day. All avtomatizm (habitual actions), whether it be washing of ware, circulation along the same route – are made by the person in a condition of a trance when the brain works with frequency of 7 - 14 Hz (alpha rhythm).
Gipnoterapevt enters the patient into a condition of a trance and accompanies the person on his travel to that place or an event where there was a trauma and there is reset of the scenario in more positive key. Success of regressive therapy depends on the following factors:
- immersion speeds;
- gipnabelnost of the person (only 30% of people possess high degree of a gipnabelnost, with the others additional methods on removal of protection and mistrust are necessary);
- time during which the person is capable to be in a trance.
Regressive hypnotherapy can be applied with success and in self-hypnosis. Conscious immersion by the person of in a certain event the taking place in the past. Important points of self-hypnosis:
- application technician of the consecutive movement of eyes or countdown;
- initial concentration on insignificant details of an event;
- involvement of all sense organs;
- experience of the event and forming of other, positive chain;
- exit from a condition of a trance and the analysis of the event.
Regression – the psychological protection peculiar to human mentality. The kickback to unripe forms of response to a stress is an unconscious mechanism, but sometimes and manipulation to which infantile persons, in which arsenal, only such behavior promoting achievement of the desirable resort. Regressive frustration are already a complex of the syndromes characteristic of the personality who is in neurosis or having a psychiatric disease (schizophrenia, psychoses, weak-mindedness).
Types of regressive frustration:
- violation of skills of neatness (enuresis, enkoprez);
- disorders of psychomotility (crawling instead of walking, rocking, walking on socks);
- behavioural violations are expressed in full or partial loss of skills of self-service (the patient eats with hands, swallows food without chewing, cannot independently put on).
Regression in medicine
Types of the regressions existing in medical science:
- Logistic regression – statistics method allowing to predict approach, features of course, an outcome of any given disease, percent of the diseased.
- Age regression – degradation of the personality with gradual loss of knowledge and skills.
- Regression of a disease – a phase of a disease at which there is a recession of symptoms and return to normal functioning of an organism.
Degradation and regression closely interconnected processes observed at a serious somatic and mental illness. Degradation represents process of disintegration of the personality, loss own I that leads to regression – to the primitive forms of reaction characteristic of children's age. The diseases provoking age regression:
- alcoholism, drug addiction;
- Alzheimer's disease;
- senile dementia (marasmus stage);
- multiple sclerosis.
Regression in economy
The concept of regression found application and in the economic sphere. The regressive kickback in economy, is shown as return to the former, become obsolete once methods, externally it is shown by decline and stagnation of economic processes. The regression and correlation analysis – the method helping to count profit, factors influencing decrease or increase in the outputs.