Every year admirers of yoga become more and more. There is a huge number of techniques of yoga for every taste: power-yoga, Hatha yoga, kundalin, ashtanga-vinyasa and many others. In this article we will tell you about bikram-yoga: that it and what differs from other known techniques of yoga in.
What is it?
Bikram-yoga — the set of exercises directed to study of each part of a human body performance of asanas helps to develop endurance, force and flexibility of muscles and joints. Occupation duration — 1.5 hours, is during this time studied 26 exercises from Hatha yoga together in respiratory practicians. Similar to the description of occupations usual yoga, but it not absolutely so.
Learn more about other directions of yoga such as prana yoga, yoga-challenge, dance mandala, yogalates, Agni Yoga, kaula-yoga, Fly yoga.
The interesting feature of performance of exercises of bikram-yoga is that occupation takes place at a temperature + 40 °C. According to the creator of this style Bikram Chaudhry, the hot yoga helps to stretch without serious consequences to each muscle of a body, and plentiful sweating will save an organism from toxins. Hot air forces to work lungs in full, and the efficiency of occupations increases several times.
Important! Preparation of an organism before a training — very important stage: it is impossible to eat in 1.5-2 hours prior to the occupations, in day of a training drink more liquid and do not forget to take with yourself a pure bottle — it will help to avoid organism dehydration.
History of emergence
The history of creation of the well-known style of yoga originates from the poorest province of India — Bigar. Exactly there Bikram Chaudhry was born. He began to practice yoga since the early childhood — at the age of 4 years the famous Indian founder of school of yoga Vishnu Charan Gosh began to train him.
The technique of its teaching yielded the fruits, and from 13 years young Bikram Chaudhry became the champion of National competitions in India. It pushed him on further professional sports. In 17 years the athlete suffered a serious injury of a knee joint which gave up as a bad job not only his pit, but also threatened with full immovability of a knee.
Without watching a problem with health, Bikram returned to the Alma Mater where with assistance of the mentor by numerous spiritual and physical the practician developed 26 asanas which could return former physical shape and put it on legs. The message about salutary techniques made it popular, and Chaudhry opened numerous schools of bikram-yoga where trained followers of the current.
Read a type of yoga about what volume to choose for weight loss.
Who will suit bikram-yoga
The hot yoga, or yoga-jotas, perfectly will suit the following categories of people:
- The person interested to lose weight. High temperature will burn literally excess fat in your body, removal together with then toxins and slags will be additional plus. And physical activity will help to support your muscles in a tone, joints flexible and mobile.
- Suffering from constant stresses, leading a sedentary life and having associated diseases of a backbone. Intensive exercises perfectly train the musculoskeletal device, thereby strengthening a muscular corset of a body. Regular performance of asanas in bikram-yoga promotes alignment of a backbone and cervical department. From the spiritual point of view, such exercises give the chance to cope with a stress and to clean thoughts and the head from unnecessary reflections.
- The person interested to increase flexibility of joints, to support a body in an excellent form and just to diversify physical activities.
Whether you know? Ancient yogis considered that to the person a certain quantity of breaths and exhalations is measured. Therefore when performing asanas the slowed-down breath practices, it is considered that in it the secret of longevity of yogis is.
Advantage and effect of occupations
If the yoga in extreme to conditions does not frighten you, then, regularly training, you feel how well occupations influence your organism:
- The flexibility of muscles and mobility of joints develops.
- Active sweating promotes clarification of an organism, skin gains elasticity.
- Blood circulation amplifies, normalizing work of internals.
- Intensive loading helps to burn calories that positively affects excess weight.
- Performance of asanas helps to relax, clean the head from negative thoughts, to struggle with a stress.
Important! Carrying out asanas in bikram-yoga, listen to feeling of own organism. Do not try to surprise at the first trainings the teacher of yoga with the flexibility. If, carrying out exercise, you feel discomfort or dizziness, then stop it better.
Exercises of bikram-yoga for beginners with a photo and the description
That you had complete idea of bikram-yoga techniques, we prepared for you exercises in pictures:
- The bikram-yoga begins with this exercise. It is the respiratory practice directed to alternate saturation of an organism by oxygen and carbon dioxide. You become in a pose, convenient for you, the back is surely straightened, and is noisy and quickly exhale through a nose. On a breath the stomach is relaxed. Intensity of exhalations — 1-2 exhalations for every second.
- Ardh Chandrasan. Bend the right leg and bend forward. The right hand arrange under yourself ahead of the right foot. On an exhalation direct the left foot up, accurately straighten the right leg. Deploy the case to the right side and you breathe in this situation not less than 7 cycles (breaths exhalations) of breath. You watch that the weight of your body fell on the right leg, and the hand just helped to hold balance.
- You become directly, legs at shoulder length. Deeply inhaling, you straighten a thorax and extend hands up. Exhaling, you lower hands on hips and bend legs in knees, sitting down on the imagined chair. In this situation on each breath try to straighten as much as possible chest department of a backbone, and on an exhalation return in the return situation. You watch that foot densely nestled on a floor, try to press them into a floor.
- Become directly, cross hands in elbows — the right hand has to be over left. Having slightly bent legs in knees, braid with the left leg right, the back has to remain equal. Holding body weight on the right leg, keep balance. In such situation it is necessary to prodyshat 5-6 cycles. Having finished exercise — repeat, but now make the left leg supporting.
- Dandayamana Dzhanushirasana. Having risen on the right leg, bend left in a knee. Slowly straighten the bent leg, the back at the same time remains to a straight line, knees are not bent, turn an eye before yourself. Spend not less than 1 minute in such situation. Repeat an asana, but with the emphasis on the left leg.
- Dandayamana Dhanurasana. Become directly, the back has to be straightened. On a breath get the right leg back, incline a trunk forward, you aspire that the stomach was located parallel to a floor. The right hand holds the right anklebone, and the left hand is extended forward. Try that the right anklebone was located over the head. Keep balance in such situation not less than 30 seconds. Then repeat an asana on the left side.
- Standing on the right leg, extend a trunk parallel to a floor, and extend the left leg behind yourself. Hands are extended ahead of themselves, and palms are connected in a mudra. All body has to be strained, hands and a leg have to aspire in different directions. Standing on the right leg, keep balance no more than 10-15 seconds, then repeat with the left supporting leg.
- Dandayamana Bibkhaktapada Pashchimottanasana. Having widely placed the lower extremities, bend forward. Straighten shoulders and clasp heels from the outer side. The back has to remain a straight line. You are in such put situation not less than 30 seconds.
- Widely place legs, and extend hands in different directions. Deploy the case to the right leg and on a breath lower the left hand at an outer edge of foot of the right leg. The right hand direct up and try to record on it the look. Evenly you breathe half-minute, then start anew, but on other party.
- Dandayamana Bibkhaktapada Dzhanushirasana. Sitting on a floor, extend the right leg before yourself, bend the left leg in a knee (as though you want to accept a lotus pose). Give the case forward and develop in half. You seek to touch by the head a knee, and hands to take foot.
- Get up directly, feet have to adjoin to a floor surface densely. Pull in a stomach a little, and give a thorax forward. Muscles of hips have to be strained. Slowly inhale and exhale air in a rhythm, convenient for you. Completely relax the body.
- To put feet on width of shoulders, the back is straightened. Bend forward and you seek to clasp with hands thumbs of legs, legs at the same time remain straightened.
- Settle down most comfortably on a rug. Relax all extremities and try to ignore thoughts in the head. Abstracting from noise of the outside world, carry out in such provision of 10-15 minutes.
- Lying on a floor, tighten the right leg bent in a knee to yourself. Hands arrange slightly above a hip. Repeat the same, only with other leg.
- Sedentary pose. Sit down on a floor, legs arrange before yourself, and straighten a back. In such situation take deep breaths and exhalations.
- Lay down on a floor and raise a trunk up. Hands arrange before yourself. You aspire the top of the head up, hips have to remain on a floor.
- Lying on a floor, raise the right leg up. The leg has to be a straight line, and buttocks — are strained. Repeat exercise with raising of an opposite extremity.
- Purna-Shalabkhasana. In this asana it is necessary to raise at the same time two legs and to stand in such provision of 20-30 seconds.
- Lying on a stomach, bend legs in knees, and clasp with hands yourself for feet. You aspire a basin and a thorax up. In this asana all support goes on stomach muscles.
- Supta Virasana. Sit down on knees, place heels. Arrange a body between heels and on an exhalation, accurately, begin to bend back. Extend hands over the head and carry out in such provision of 40-60 seconds.
- Ardh Kurmasan. Sitting on a lap, arrange a body between heels. On an exhalation bend forward, straighten hands before yourself. Time of performance of an asana — 40-60 seconds.
- Kneel and, having straightened shoulders and chest department, begin to bend back. You seek to clasp with foot hands. Hold a body in such situation at the expense of force of legs. In such situation spend 30 seconds.
- Kneel and incline to them the head. Hands arrange near anklebones. Try to round a backbone. In such situation spend 30 seconds.
- Sit down on a rug and straighten a back. Legs arrange before yourself. Incline a trunk forward, trying to reach hands toes. You seek to press a stomach to hips.
- Ardha-Matsiyendrasana. Sitting on a floor, bend the right leg in a knee and arrange a heel near the left buttock. The left leg step through right and arrange a heel near the right buttock. Twist a body in a backbone and touch at first the right hand the left heel, and then — on the contrary.
- The bikram-yoga comes to the end with this breathing exercise. This practice is based on breath by a stomach: on a breath — the stomach relaxes and inflated, and on an exhalation belly walls, nestling on a backbone, squeeze out air from lungs. Thus it is necessary to prodyshat not less than 36 cycles of breath.
Whether you know? There is a yoga — face exercises. Their performance helps to smooth wrinkles, improves complexion and reduces the number of visits of the cosmetologist.
Advantages and shortcomings of practice
Admirers of bikram-yoga and hot asanas should know that this technique has pluses and minuses too.
Advantages of bikram-yoga:
- Performance of asanas contributes to the development of flexibility of muscles and mobility of joints. Work in the heated room helps to give all the best to the maximum.
- The intensity of exercises and high temperature strengthen sweating, removing at the same time toxins. For an hour and a half trainings the blood circulation amplifies and excess centimeters on your waist are burned.
- Asanas of bikram-yoga help to cope with osteochondrosis and various diseases of the musculoskeletal device. It is especially relevant for office employees.
- Smooth performance of exercises and special respiratory practicians help to cope with a stress and to unload the head at the end of the intense working week.
- High temperature indoors where trainings are held, will please not everyone.
- Performance of asanas in extreme conditions demands special endurance of an organism.
- There is a number of contraindications with which it is necessary to get acquainted before the trainings (a varicosity, asthma and diseases of a pulmonary system, violation in operation of the musculoskeletal device and a blood system, recent injuries of joints and bone fractures, predisposition to heatstrokes both other diseases and violations of work of an organism).
If you decided to improve the physical shape and to lose excess weight, then try to attend classes bikram-yoga. Perhaps, intensive trainings in extreme conditions are what is necessary for your organism. The brightened-up mind and the cleaned thoughts which the bikram-yoga will help to reach will be a pleasant bonus to excellent physical shape.